A rough sigh left Buck's mouth, deciding to be the one to begin the long-waited conversation. "Look, you hate me for what I did to you and the team. I don't blame you, but it's been a few months, Josie. Can we at least try to talk it out?" He narrowed at her. 

"I don't hate you, Buck." She spoke after a few moments. She inhaled sharply, fiddling with the rings worn on her fingers. "Yes, I did at the beginning, but merely disappointed when someone I trusted hurt me. If there's anyone, I hate the most...is myself."

Her brown orbs lowered to her half-filled drink, chewing her bottom lip. "When I went to the mall with Alexis earlier today, I saw Mark with another woman. Despite trying to move on by going out and hooking up with other people, seeing him with someone else...stung. But I shouldn't pity myself because I'm the reason we broke up. I caused him heartache for choosing to not tell him about the baby and pushing him away." She blew through her lips and ran her fingers through her hair. "And don't tell me it's not my fault."

Silence loomed between the duo once again until Buck shifted in his seat to face her. "Here's my question: Did Mark say it was your fault for losing the baby?"

"No..."

"Then you can't beat yourself up for it, Josie. We never asked to be riding in the ladder truck with a bomb attached to what caused our injuries that we had to heal from. You weren't aware of the pregnancy, and nobody could blame you for that." He assured, hesitantly bringing his hand to rest upon hers. Staring down at their hands for a moment, he looked up to meet her sad gaze. "I am truly sorry for putting you in an uncomfortable position at that hearing. I was too selfish to consider your feelings about the miscarriage to benefit my case. All I wanted was to be back on the team and I weaponized everyone's past for my sake. I'm lucky enough that Bobby took me in after all this."

Josephine knew Buck sounded sincere by the look in his eyes. He understood the lawsuit was a mistake as his intentions weren't entirely cruel.

"Indeed, very lucky to be given a second and third chance."

The door slammed open where two pairs of feet shuffled inside the penthouse. Josephine let out loose giggles with Buck guiding her to prevent her from falling on her face. "Watch your step." He instructed, searching for the light switch in which he found in mere seconds. "Is Alexis working the graveyard shift again?"

"Yeah, she hates it." Josephine strutted down to drop her keys into the bowl lazily. "Thank you for taking me home." She leaned her back against the wall, tilting her head with a small smile.

Buck kissed his teeth, "Took a lot of convincing to get you to leave with me. Usually, it works easily with other women." He sported a playful smirk causing the brunette to roll her eyes.

She pursed her lips and took a step forward. "Well, I'm not like other women that are so easily charmed by the Evan Buckley."

Uncertain of what drawn him to move another foot towards her, possibly the alcohol that still lingered in his system, yet his grin never left his mouth. "You sure about that?" He breathed out.

"Yes, I'm...sure." Josephine whispered out, eyes intact on his lips.

Their eyes locked onto each other. Neither of them backed away nor wished by the closeness and urge for one another's touch. Josephine might have shared lustful nights with strangers, but Buck's presence felt different—in a way she craved for him that wasn't such force.

And so, the invisible string had tugged the both of them to smash their lips.

Buck pushed Josephine against the wall without breaking the kiss. His arm snaked around her waist as she held his face to deepen the kiss. When his lips torn away to her jawline and down her neck, a wave of moans escaped once hitting her sweet spot. The two seemed to be aware they craved for more than a drunken make out session.