𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 , 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬

────────────

────────────

THREE;
THROUGH THE GARDENS

────────────

     "I HOPE YOU FIND YOUR CHAMBERS COMFORTABLE." Helaena says with a smile. She's shown me my chambers, which are more than comfortable. Back at Dragonstone, I have one large window. At the Red Keep, I have many. The fabrics of the bedding are silkier and the cushions on the sofa are more plush. The bath chambers are much larger and the painting on the walls are much more detailed than the ones back home. I turn to Helaena as I push open the doors to the balcony, allowing in the nighttime air.

      "It's wonderful, thank you." I reply with an easy tone. She dismisses herself and exits through the double doors of the room in a hurry. Once the doors shut, I find myself standing on the balcony with my hands draped over the rails. I look down at the city below. I try and imagine the number of people down there going about their lives, but the number seems impossible.

      My first dinner here had been nothing short of tense. Alicent made multiple remarks about my parents, whilst Aegon almost made me stab myself with my fork with all the talk he was spreading about himself. He spoke of how of his knighthood brothers, he was the top soldier. He told me how he's tamed his dragon. He even spoke to me about how he's declined multiple marriage proposals from multiple houses just because he's waited for the right person— me. Although, I know I'm not the right person, I'm the right fortune and the right power.

      Everytime Aegon said something else insufferable, I found myself looking at Aemond. He'd just turn his head away, despite the fact that he has already been looking at me. I'm still furious about that fact that Aegon has brought me here for his benefit and not his brothers. It's a filthy lie that makes me shudder at the thought. A knock on my door echoes around my room.

     "Come in." I announce. The door swings open and Aegon steps inside. Speak of the horrid. He slams the door closed behind him. I stiffen my posture at the fact that we're alone together- in my chambers.

     He stands next to me on the balcony, staring down in the direction of the town. I keep my head facing the same direction, but my eyes wander to him. I watch his jaw clench and unclench, perhaps in preparation for the words he's about to fire at me.

      "I had every intention of making the offer of Aemond's marriage true, but when I saw you heading down to the coast, I..." He trails off, at a grab for words. I run my tongue over my teeth. I still cannot fathom that he lied to me in order to get me here.