4

hiccup couldn't stop thinking about the strange boy.
so he waited.
he waited until he was sure that everyone else was asleep, sneaking down the stairs. he thought he would of been fine, but then he saw a torch and-

"took you long enough." he heard snotlout say.

He turned around and there were his friends.

"i- how-" hiccup was cut off.
"you do this every time, you try to leave by yourself in the middle of the night, so we figured that we would help you this time." astrid said. "Besides, time works differently on that island, right? no one would even notice.

hiccup wasn't going to just give up a perfect opportunity.
.
.
.
.
Jack was in one of the tunnels. The tunnels were similar to the icy forest, in the way that they confuse and trap people not welcomed into them. Of course, only some of the most powerful spirits could tend to pull this off, however it was more likely that a spirit had died here, said spirit probably wanting to protect the snow wraiths and leaving the unwanted confused. And it seems that this spirit allowed Jack in said forest.
When a spirit dies, it still lives on in a way. It is dead, however any last wishes will be kept, and if possible, it will give its power to another to do its job.
Jacks job is to protect the snow wraiths on this island.

Of course, he doubts that was what manny was talking about when he said to “go somewhere he was needed.” after 2 and a half years, jack would of thought that he’d figure it out by now, but now he thinks that he was simply thrown away. That he was only there to make sure that pitch didnt cause trouble and once that porous was done, manny had no use for him. Like he was just some object to be thrown away.

The moon here though, its…different…

The only way that jack could describe it was a moon.

No spiritual connection, no feeling like the moon was watching, nothing.

Just a moon.

It was unsettling but also….nice….
Like some weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

But was he really a spirit anymore? Maybe that was why.
Well, if anything, he was more powerful than before.
Much more powerful.

Within the 2 years, almost half of the snow wraiths on the island had died.

They died because of vikings, because they wanted teeth or coats.

Jack had hopped that hiccup wasnt like them. He and his group had dragons of their own, so he figured that they werent here to harm anyone.

He had thought that until he saw the night fury. 

He didnt know how he didnt put the pieces together sooner, but he realised right then who this was.

And he swore that if he ever saw him again he would…
He wouldnt kill him…
Jack didnt think he could ever kill anyone.

But he’d make him regret it.

He laid down, right next to the snow wraith he first met, the one with jagged wings. The one who had a family. The family that died leaving only the snow wraith behind.
Jack didnt get to know much about the mother, or the eggs that could of turned into cute little baby dragons. Probably because that same night they were attacked, and killed.
Jack had name the snow wraith “snowy.”
He wasnt very creative, but he felt that it fit well enough.

The other snow wraiths were loyal to each other, always protecting each other, and Jack soon realized that meant him too.  It took him a small while to get a hang on the language the dragons spoke in, but as soon as he did, well, that just made him feel more at home.