author's note

Hi guys!

I'm sure you've noticed I haven't updated this book in a few weeks now.

I have to be honest, the reactions to the last chapter have left me a little anxious to continue. I normally really look forward to writing this book but now it's become a source of anxiety for me and I dread writing it. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions on my writing, and it just seems like I didn't hit the mark this time

Slow Ride/Fast Car is something I've been writing for literal years now and it's always been such a comfort to me as I believe it has become a comfort to a lot of other people. And while I took the book in the same direction as the show in not keeping it light and fluffy, it's just become a bit depressing now and I really wish it could have stayed the way it originally was with love and laughs. This book and it's characters are something I've escaped to when life has gotten a little too much.

With that in mind, I've decided to take a step back and reevaluate, if I should continue or if I should rewrite. At the moment I've been thinking of just rewriting the last few chapters. I know that seems like I'm just catering to people but in all honesty I'd rather this book remained as comforting to others as it has been to me. And I don't think anyone at the minute is liking the current direction.

We can all be honest here with each other, one of my favourite aspects about Ringo was that she was relatable and someone people can genuinely feel like they could be and this current direction strips that away. I've written a lot of books and I've never come to this point whether people have liked my plot points or not, because I myself have liked them. But that's not the case this time.

I hope you all understand and can be patient while I rethink things ❤️

All the love, and to those that messaged me lately with kind words and support I appreciate it more than you'd ever imagine!