Welcome to Hawkins

It was my first day at a new school the day before spring break. There was already a prep rally which was a bummer don't know why I went. I sigh and bend down to fix the tie on my shoe.

I sigh and walk into the cafeteria looking around seeing all the cliques I of course fit more into the weird, nerd crowd I guess you can say.

I grab my lunch tray and start walking to a table when this guy jumps onto a table "but as long as you're into band, or science, or par-tieees or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" Another guy yells "you want something, freak?" He does devil horns and finishes his rant jumping off the table. I laugh.

He makes eye contact with me and smirks.

I roll my eyes and walk pass him.

After school I go walking into the woods behind the school. I pull out my cassete player and put my headphones on. While listening to music I notice the guy from the cafeteria and a girl dressed in a cheerleaders outfit. I stop my music and stand behind a tree and listen to them.

I accidentally step on a stick and she gasps turning around. Thank goodness for that squirrel.

I continue to watch them being as quiet as I can be.

"Do you ever feel like you're losing your mind?" She says. "You know, just... on a daily basis."

I hold in my laughter. They finish with what they were doing so I quickly go to the other side of the tree so they don't see me.

"Boo!" I jump and gasp. He let's out a laugh, "I'm Eddie by the way. No need to stalk me anymore." I laugh and roll my eyes, "Jazzy, and I was just leaving." I say while walking away. He stops me and pulls me back in. "Hey I wasn't finished talking. Are you new to Hawkins?" I nod. He smiles and says "well come on. I have to prepare for dnd tonight." I look at him and hesitantly follow him.

Once we get to the room he smirks at me and asks "so what brings you to Hawkins?"

I look around and whisper, "I'm a running fugitive." His eyes widen "What'd you do?" I look him dead in the eye and say "killed my ex boyfriend..." He stares at me intensely. I laugh and shake my head, "I came to Hawkins to get a fresh start away from a crazy ex, surprised my mom went along with it." He laughs and shakes his head, "you got me good there for a second... so you play dnd?" I shook my head no and said "but I am super interested in it. I hung out with all the dnd players at my old school."

He smirks and says "well welcome to hellfire I'll have to teach you sometime." He winks at me.

Later on I sit in the background and watch as they do a battle against Vecna. Everyone seems so cool here and I especially think I'm going to get on well with Erica. I walk up to Eddie and whisper "I'll see you tomorrow." I wave at everyone and walk out. I sigh looking down at all the phone numbers I just got. I head home to get to bed, I have an early morning tomorrow working at Family Video.

~A/N:
Hope you guys enjoy this first chapter I promise this book will get better.