"good girl." he smiled.

you cheeks grew warm at his praise, suna never failed to give you butterflies.

"alright listen up boys!" the coach blew his whistle and called the team over. "let's have a final pep talk before the game starts."

in the end inarizaki won, it was a close call and your throat was hurting from all the cheering you'd done. you couldn't think of a better way to start the week, seeing the miserable looks on nekoma's face's made you feel good inside.

but as mentioned earlier, you wouldn't let this be the reason as to why you missed out on an opportunity to speak to kenma.

"hey." you tapped kenma's shoulder who was facing away whilst drinking from his water bottle. "can we talk?"

kenma choked on his water upon realising that it was you behind him, he then cleared his throat and nodded.

"yeah sure, there's quite a lot i wanna say to you too." he replied.

your eyes narrowed slightly, confused as to why him of all people would have a lot to say to you. nonetheless you nodded and proceeded to make your way outside of the gymnasium and off to a nearby park behind it.

"okay first things first, i'm not mad at you for what you did anymore- what happened happened, it's in the past now but i just don't understand why you did it. i mean, we were in a whole relationship at the time- why didn't you think to tell me that they were black mailing you kenma?"

"because i knew you would've done something about it, i didn't want those girls to kill you (y/n)- i had to sacrifice my pet cat so your life could be spared only for them to break the promise anyway." he replied bluntly.

you had to admit, hearing kenma say that did hurt since you knew how much he loved his furry friend but at the same time you couldn't help but be mad at the fact that he'd chosen to help set up suna instead.

"okay, and the whole luring suna out into the woods, what was that about?"

"that was all terushima, he's always despised suna and was aware that i was going out with you at the time so he used it to his advantage to get suna right where he wanted. i'll admit- they threatened me on that one too but a part of the reason as to why i negotiated with them was because i was jealous of him too." kenma confessed.

you felt your stomach churn. "oh my god."

"even whilst we were going out, i knew you still had links to him (y/n) which is what made me do it- i hated that even though he had broken you so many times, you still went back to him every single time."

"kenma i-"

"and i know you fucked him the night of the party too, it was obvious just by how long you both went missing and by the way you looked at each other that night." he interrupted.

kenma was more attentive than you thought.

"okay i'll admit, we did fuck and i was going to tell you on the night. it's messed i know but in the end i wasn't ready to move on and that's the sad truth of the reality, i apologise for wasting your time but my heart is with suna now." you spoke.

"it always has been and i knew that." he sighed. "i never would've thought the girl who was hurt by a cheater would turn out to be one."

as much as you hated to admit it, kenma was right. however, after all the shit he had pulled off you didn't feel any remorse whatsoever, you and your friends could've died that night because of his inconsiderate actions.

"i may be a cheater but at least i didn't try to get someone killed, i never would've thought you'd have this side to you kenma." you snapped.

"ok (y/n)." he rolled his eyes. "keep talking your shit-"

"is he bothering you baby?" you heard suna's voice call out from the distance which caused kenma to turn his back and walk away.

"nah, i was just leaving." he mumbled, not even turning to look back.

"yeah i'm fine, just a little pissed off is all." you replied.

"i didn't ever think things could end badly between me and kenma, but i guess everything happens for a reason."