The loud yells caught their attention. Mr. Hapin suddenly stuck out his head from the same window they had climbed out from.

"There! Get her!" he yelled.

"Pam now!" Paul yelled.

Pamela reluctantly jumped on the hay as the man with a moustache climbed out the window. Paul quickly helped Pamela up as they started running up the snow. The loud barks from the dogs who were chained on the carriage wheels stroke fear in the two children's hearts.

"Stop!" Mr. Wagner yelled storming out the front door with the woman. "Stop those children!"

More men appeared from behind the carriages running after the two children. Shot guns on their hands. "Stop!"

"Faster Pam!" Paul said between gasps.

"STOP YOU STUPID CHILDREN!" the woman yelled at the top of her lungs, making her appear more wrinkled up than she already was.

They run as fast as their little legs could carry them on the snow, heading toward the woods ahead. Mr. Hapin whistled as a black stallion appeared below the window as he jumped on it, holding tightly on rein going after the two children.

More horses appeared with men on them which were carrying fire torches, following the second man into the woods. Mr Wagner also whistled as his brown stallion appeared. He quickly climbed on it, turning to face the woman.

"Pray we get them old woman or they will be trouble," threatened Mr Wagner before his horse galloped inside the woods.

* * *

Paul held Pamela's hand tightly as they ran deeper inside the woods. The howling wolves in the distance filled their ears making their hearts pound faster.

Pamela suddenly slipped and landed on her knees, letting out a short cry.

"Pam," Paul said between gasps stopping to help her up.

"P...Paul," she tried to speak through gasps, misty breaths leaving her lips.

"Come let's go," pulling her up.

She nodded as she held her brother's hand tightly running. The galloping of horses and loud yells from men accompanied by the barking dogs suddenly sounded nearer.

Paul's forehead frowned as he increased his pace, hoping Pamela didn't lose her steps again. They run in-between the trees.

Paul's ears suddenly caught Pamela's terrible breathing pace. He knew her little lungs were struggling to take in oxygen. "Hang on Pam," he said through gritted teeth.

"There!" a husky man's voice yelled.

Pamela lost her step, falling again. Her hand loosened from Paul's hand. "Pam," Paul said, his brows knitted.

He stopped running and headed back for her. Tears ran down her cheeks as fear reeked all over her. "Come Pam, let's go," he said, helping her up once again. "Hang on."

He attempted to make another run but a horse suddenly appeared before them neighing, standing on its hind legs striking fear in the children hearts. Paul rapidly pushed Pamela behind him picking a little twig from the snowy ground. His dark eyes ran around the few men on horses who had appeared from all directions, locking them in the middle. Pamela's hand-held Paul's arm tightly while sobbing.

"Did you really think you could get away from us?" Mr Hapin asked rudely.

He jumped off his black stallion the moonlight illuminating his sharp face with a moustache.