They spoke of their past adventures, like the time Vivi almost joined the crew, and her unconditional love for her country. Or when they met Laboon after entering the Grand Line, both excited to witness the moment the lovable whale would reunite with their facetious musician. Nami recounted her time on Weatheria and tried her best to explain what Haredas taught her regarding the distinct weather patterns of the New World in terms Luffy could comprehend.

Luffy then told her about his extensive training with Rayleigh and how he made friends with most of the beasts on Rusukaina, although it truly was a pity since this made him not want to eat them. He also told her about his time on Amazon Lily and how Hancock helped him sneak into Impel Down.

"Sounds like Hancock really helped you out."

"She did. I wouldn't have been able to get to Marine Ford if it weren't for her. She's a nice lady. She even proposed that we get married." he snickered.

Nami flinched inwardly at his revelation and felt her heart drop to her stomach.

That explains a lot...

When Nami had learned from the others that Luffy befriended a warlord, she was eager to investigate how the said friendship came to be. However, after now hearing Luffy say Hancock wanted to marry him, it all started making sense. Hancock fell for him. And how couldn't she? Luffy was the most lovable person she knew.

Although Nami had never personally met the infamous Pirate Empress, she knew of her and knew of her well. She was indisputably considered 'The most beautiful woman in the world' by many and was incredibly powerful. She suddenly found herself feeling self-conscious and it was her turn to feel the rage of jealousy that coursed through her veins.

How could I even compare to her?

"So what did you tell her?" Nami asked aloofly.

"I told her nope."

"And why is that?"

"Cuz, I'm not gonna marry someone I don't love." he said bluntly.

Nami give him a quick glance over from the corner of her eye.

Do you even know what love is, Luffy?

Gloom washed over her and all she could do was sit in silence. Luffy was as free as the sea itself and was often quick to voice his opinion on not allowing anything to restrict said freedom.

Would I be able to make you happy?

Nami sat unresponsive, lost in thought for a few minutes. He glanced at her and the aching within his chest returned. He really didn't like it when Nami looked that way so he racked his brain, thinking of a sure way to make her smile.

"Nami."

"Hm?"

He moved fast and suddenly she squirmed, a horrible fit of giggles erupting from her as Luffy's fingers found their way to her sides and then her hips. She twisted this way and turned that way, unable to speak due to the ferocious attack of tickling against her skin. "Lu-luff-," she gasped and heard his laughter starting to mix with hers. "O-Okay... Okay e-enough!"

She eventually managed to climb on top of him, straddling his waist and then pinned his arms above him against the sand. She wore a bright smile and took advantage of the pause to finally catch her breath as she regarded the man from above.

She wondered how she ended up falling for her goofball captain and thought that she was already in way too deep to consider him "just her nakama." He was so much more than that. He was her best friend, her inspiration, her savior, and the man she was hopelessly, head-over-heels in love with.