"Arctium lappa, which Y/N should know as..."
He said, waiting for her to finish the sentence.
"....I don't know?" She said with a shrug.

"Come on! It's known as burdock." He said throwing his hands in the air. "Oh, right. I definitely knew that." Y/N said, with a clueless shrug.

"Anyways, it's very tasty." He walked over to another bush. "Aha!" He exclaimed, Enola and Y/N shared a look. "Then there's Trifolium. Clover."

He peered over to another plant. "And is that...? Yes, I knew it! Mushrooms!" He said happily. "Agaricus lanipes! The princess."

He handed a mushroom to Enola, who inspected it. "Y/N, if you can get a fire started, I can make us a feast!"

"I suppose." Y/N said with a smile.
"Fine." Enola shrugged. "I'll go with Y/N."

•••

Y/N and Enola walked through the grassy field, searching for rocks and sticks. "So," Enola spoke. "You know how start a fire?"

Y/N looked at her and smiled. "I do." She said with a proud smile. "Really? You like the outdoors?" Enola questioned, for some reason she really wanted to get to know this girl.

"Yes! I practically live in the outdoors." Y/N exclaimed with excitement. "I don't normally wear dresses, though. This is borrowed of Tewkesburys mother. He thought if I wore a dress it would make it harder for anybody to recognize me."

Enola remained quiet for a moment. "Why did you run away anyways? And please don't say it was for Tewkesburys sake." The girl said with a pleading tone.

"Absolutely not." There was a hesitant pause in Y/N's words. "Well, there was nothing left for me in Basilwether. I never knew my father and my mother....well, she passed away. From an illness. And my mother and I we were never that rich, so Tewkesburys family...they didn't really like me. I got kicked out of my home so Tewkesbury agreed to let me live in his treehouse in his forest of a garden. And I've been doing that ever since. But when Tewkesbury said he was going to run away, I thought maybe this is my chance to get a better life so I went with him. And anyways, Tewkesbury can't be trusted by himself."

Enola looked at her with sadness. "I'm sorry, Y/N.-"
"It's fine, Enola-"

"No, please. I truly am sorry. I honestly don't know what I'd do without my mother. I wouldn't know half the stuff I know now. My life would be rather boring." She said, placing her hand in Y/N's.

Y/N looked down at their intertwined hands.
"Thank you, Enola." She said in a whisper. "I'm glad I met you on the train."

"I'm glad as well, yourself and Tewkesbury would be dead if it weren't for me." Enola chuckled. "And the dress is nice on you."

Y/N laughed. "Come on, we better get some rocks and sticks or else Tewkesbury won't be happy."

•••

The fire was set, illuminating their faces.
Y/N put a piece of mushroom in her mouth and Tewkesbury watched her. "Well?" He asked anxiously.

"Hm," she said. "It alright, I guess." Y/N said with a chuckle.
"Oh, shut up." Tewkesbury laughed. "You'd starve without me." He said before pushing her away.

Enola cleared her throat. "Anyways," she said, "I've been thinking, you both need to disguise yourselves. Just a little." She looked at Tewkesbury. "How do you feel about your hair?"

Tewkesbury looked at her. "I've never cared for it."
Enola nodded and grabbed a stone and a knife from her pocket. "Of course you're going to cut it off with a knife." Y/N watched her as she sharpened her knife.
"Who taught you to sharpen it like that?" She questioned curiously.

Enola looked at the knife. "My mother." She spoke.

"You're mother is very different from mine." He said. The three of them laughed quietly.
"Who taught you about flowers and herbs?" Enola asked.

"My father. He was the only person in my family who was okay with me being friends with Y/N." He said sadly.

"I never really knew my father." Enola nodded.
"My father is dead too." Tewkesbury spoke.
"I don't know if mine is alive or dead." Y/N added.

They all looked at each other. "I'm sorry." They all said at the same time. The three of them laughed quietly.

Enola smiled as she continued sharpening her knife. "Why have you run? From home, I mean." Y/N asked, watching the fire.

"I didn't want to do to Miss Harrison's Finishing School for young ladies." Enola said with a shrug.
Y/N chuckled quietly, making Enola smile.
"What about you Tewkesbury?" Asked Enola.

Enola reached out and cut off a piece of his hair. "Well, uh, a tree branch broke above me while I was collecting wild mushrooms. It should've crushed me, but I managed to move out of the way, and I realized that..."

Y/N raised her eyebrows at him to finish the story and he shook his head.
"What?" Enola asked, looking between both of them."You'll laugh at me." Tewkesbury said hesitantly.

"No, I won't." Enola said, looking at him curiously.

"My life seemed to flash before me. I was just about to take my seat in the House of Lords. I had these ideas about how we might progress the estate. But, my family were set on me joining the army and then going overseas, just like my uncle."

He paused.
"And I realized, I was scared. I was scared I would hate every second of the rest of my life."

"Why would I laugh at that?" Enola asked quietly.

"Don't I sound pathetic?" He asked.

"No." Y/N spoke, taking his hand. Enola looked at their hands wrapped around each other and she felt a weird angry and upset feeling.

Now everything seemed so clear. So obvious. Tewkesbury and Y/N we're in love. And Enola had a realizing moment. And it was painful.
The way they looked at each other.

But what was even worse was the fact Enola got herself all worked up for somebody she only knew a few hours. That wasn't the Enola her mother raised. And especially a girl. She knew it was frowned upon by the public.

But who cares what the public thinks-

She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard the sound of Tewkesbury and Y/N laughing together. "Your hair is finished." She said, an anger in her voice.

"We should get to bed." She said angrily. The two of them stared at her in confusion.
"Are you alright En-" Y/N asked.
"Now!" Enola exclaimed.

"Enola, what's the matter?" Tewkesbury questioned as he stood up.

"I'm fine." She said as she layed down on her jacket. "Oh, and by the way, when we get to London we're parting ways. End of conversation."

WORD COUNT: 1770