Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street

Depuis le début

Mike and Gabby walked over to the bathroom with her leaving Dustin and Lucas to talk Gabby watched as she looked around before starting to close the bathroom door the girl quickly held the door from closing.

"You don't want it closed?" Gabby asked her as she could see the terrified look on her face.

"No."

"Oh, so you can speak. Okay, well Um, how about we just keep the door just like this." Mike says as he keeps the door cracked open.

"Is that better?" Gabby asked her.

"Yes." She says before Mike walks back over to Dustin and Lucas, Gabby was about to walk over to the guys when she felt a tug on her sleeve.

"You want me to stay here?" Gabby asked her she nods.

"Okay, I'll be right here," Gabby says before turning away from the door.

"This is mental," says Dustin to Mike when he comes back.

Mike sighs, "At least she can talk."

"She said 'no' and 'yes'. Your three-year-old sister says more" Lucas says to Mike.

"She tried to get naked" Dustin added.

"I don't know why I hang out with these boys," Gabby muttered to herself before turning to the door.

"Are you okay in there?" Gabby asked.

"Yes."

"Okay just checking." She says before turning back away.

"There's something seriously wrong with her. Like, wrong in the head" Lucas says.

"She just went like.." Dustin says as he showed what the girl did, and he knocked his hat off as he did so.

"I bet she escaped from Pennhurst!"

"No way Lucas," Gabby says to him from her spot by the bathroom.

"From where?" Mike asked Lucas in an annoyed voice.

"The nuthouse in Kerley County," Lucas says causing Gabby to roll her eyes at him.

Dustin grins, "You got a lot of family there?"

"Bite me," Lucas says to Dustin. He turned back to Mike,

"Seriously though, think about it. That would explain her shaved hair and why she's so crazy."

"Why she went like.." Dustin repeated what he did.

"She's an escapee is the point. She's probably a psycho." Lucas says just as Gabby heard a thump from the bathroom.

"Are you okay I'm coming in," Gabby says waiting a second before stepping into the bathroom, Gabby quickly helps the girl up.

"Okay, these sweatpants can be tricky." She says as she helps her into them before grabbing a rag from the stand and wiping the girl's face.

"There you go all clean," Gabby say smiling at her she could still hear the boy's conversation.

"They aren't the quietest," Gabby says laughing a bit as the girl continues to stare at her as if she's trying to remember who she was.

"I know the guys might not seem like it but I'm glad we've met, it gets tiring hanging out with boys all the time but it's like I know you from somewhere, but I could just be imagining things usually I know most things that are going to happen before it happens sorry, I'm rambling." Gabby chuckles nervously.

"Pretty." She says pointing to Gabby.

"Me? You are pretty too." Gabby says as they stand looking at each other.