Chapter 23 : He's Possessive

Abhimanyu had just sat in his car to leave for office next morning, when his phone rang and he looked to see, it was his mother.

“Morning Maa!” - he greeted his mother, picking up her call.

“Abhi... you sound happy.”

He smiled at her mother's observation and replied :

“Because I am happy.”

“And can this mother of yours know the reason ?”

“Yes. Definitely. The reason of my happiness is the new project that I am starting soon.” - he said smoothly.

He knew he was lying to his mother but he didn't want her or anyone else between himself and Akshara, at least for the foreseeable future.

Oh who he was kidding ? He didn't want anyone between himself and Akshara EVER. And he'd make sure that it'd remain that way.

Currently, what he meant was that he knew his mother, and the way she's hell bent on marrying him, he feared that she'd straight away go to Akshara's house and ask her hand in marriage. Which can be dangerous because he didn't want to pressure Akshara. AT ALL. She was too precious to him. He couldn't afford to lose her.

“You are this happy because of a project ?” - his mother sounded disappointed.

“Maa I'm offended! You don't deem a project worthy of being happy ?” - he teased his mother, a smile on his face.

His mother laughed and replied :

“No. That's not it. I just thought maybe... your happiness would involve a... girl...” - she trailed off, her tone hopeful.

Akshara's face came to his mind instantly and the smile that graced his face was bright enough to light up an arena.

“Maaaaa...”

“Okay, okay. I won't pesture you. Tell me you had breakfast ?”

“Actually I didn't. I was not feeling like having it in the morning so decided to eat something in lunchtime.” - he answered, partially speaking truth.

He had actually skipped breakfast and had decided to have something in lunchtime. The little hidden detail was, that he was thinking to have lunch with Akshara, if she'd like.

“Okay but make sure to eat something and take care of yourself.” - his mother gently instructed.

“Yes Maa. You too. Bye!” - and disconnected the call.

“Sir we're here.” - Marcus informed him, rushing to open the door for him and he stepped down. He was really looking forward to the day ahead as he entered BE. Although, his happiness was shortlived as he came to a stop in the elevator hallway.

~

Akshara was just packing the lunch, she had made herself, when the clock in the hall chimed 8:30 in the morning. She had woken up early because of the sudden urge to cook something and skipped breakfast, thinking that she'd eat her handmade lunch with Abhimanyu, if he'd like. After all, it was his favourite dish she had made.

“I'm on the spicy side so basically anything spicy in Indian cuisine but if I really have to pick favourite than it would be ‘Curry Rice’.”

That was his answer when she had asked him his favourite dish during the dinner at Kiyan in Delhi. Smiling to herself, she picked up the tiffin, grabbed her phone and left for work.

Upon entering BE, she made her way towards the elevator hallway and was about to enter when her sandals rolled onto something on the floor and she lost her balance. She was about to fall when an arm wrapped around her waist and she looked to see that it was Aryan.