𝟢𝟢𝟩,LORD OF THE DORKS

Start from the beginning

" I don't care what we use, as long as I get to see John B and Sarah again." she told them, her eyes scattering back to the front of the construction site that became all the more interesting.

" there he is!" Pope declared, all four pairs of eyes following a running ward cameron attempting to escape both his illegal escapades and more immediately the rain. 

" yo, get down." JJ spoke, leading Renee to lower. His hand moving to slip against hers. The thunder continuing to crash and rail soiling their outfits.

" there's gavin." Pope continued, his voice lowering as he focused on his recording " where are you going, you son of a bitch?"

As the two exited into the shelter, Pope groaned at their disappearance " no, no, no, no I'm losing him!" he spoke slightly stressed.

" shit where's he going." Renee looked up, unlinking her hands from JJ's, walking towards a dim light that shone down the further end of the alleyway they were hiding in.

" guys, come on!" she called out, and in the moment of their vulnerability followed the girl without any question or hesitation.

The four of them acceded up the ladder: Renee first and then JJ ( who even in the current climate still managed to make crude comments about his view as he climbed up), followed by an overly urgent Kiara and finally Pope.

A blue hue hit the four of them as they fully crouched behind a slightly barrier across the street from the site. Pope returned to his recording as the other free just attempted to make anything out.

" Ward just handed gavin something." Pope informed the others " I think it's a duffel bag."

After a few moments JJ spoke " guys, I think this is a payoff."

Renee scoffed " I can't believe a few thousand dollars is worth the innocence of a teenager boy." she mumbled, continuing to try and watch was going on despite being able to see very little.

" Gavin doesn't look happy about something." Pope commentated " it looks like he's telling at ward."

" can you see why?" Renee asked, Pope shaking his head " I sound know, but he sure looks mad."

After a few moments of silence, a exclamatory" shit."exited from popes mouth. Triggering the previously quiet pogues.

" P, what's going on?" Renee asked with an urgency, Kiara too asking what was a happening.

" I dunno, they're fighting over something." Renee managed to focus slightly on what was happening without Popes help.

" they're going at it." JJ muttered, Renee could feel her fingers grip the edge of the wall they were hidden behind. Fear filling her — although Gavin was not innocent, she didn't him to be the next victim of ward Cameron's.

" wards kicking the shit out of Gavin." pope continued, Renee shook her head.

" shouldn't we call the police or something?" she asked in the midst of her panic. An ambush of questions filled the small rooftop, none of which they had the answer to.

" wards got a gun." Popes words made Renee's throat run dry, " I bet that's the murder weapon." Kiara claimed.

Whatever silence filled the air was shattered by gunshots. JJ grabbing Renee and pulling her down to duck behind the wall fully. Her ears ringing as she cupped her hands over them.

" no, no." she sniffled, a mixture of the cold weather settling into her immune system " he's killed him." Renee muffled her voice as JJs hand rested on her knee, trying to comfort her as much as he could in their current predicament.