9/15/22

dear ◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️,

i spoke to [my friend] today, about you. i told her how i was left with more questions than answers after our meeting last week, and i dumped a lot on her.

she was more than willing to talk about her previous boyfriends in the middle of my rant, but i don't put it against her. she's not my personal therapist, and it makes complete sense for someone at her age and maturity level.

[my friend] gave me a weird new perspective on everything. she told me that breaking up with you was a good decision, and that right now, i should prioritize school and mental health over who i like.

that's what i always tell her, so it annoyed me to see her stealing all my lines.

as irritating as it was, maybe hearing [my friend] repeat my words back to me made me realize the accuracy in her (my) words. she's (i'm) very right. the logical side of my brain agrees that i should be focusing on my academics, and progressing towards a successful future. not obsessing over you.

but the other part of me wants to get back with you. this other part of me doesn't care anymore about grades, or trying to stay sane. this other part of me wants only one thing - love.

i want to be loved.

no matter who it's from. a friend, lover, parent, family member, enemy. i want someone to love me. i want the perfect relationship, with the perfect combination of every aspect.

but it'll have to wait.

i have to finish school. at least get to college. you're over a year older than me, and the fact that you're in ◾️◾️◾️◾️ ◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️ now feels weird. like i was dating an adult.

two more years. two more years of this shit and i'll finish. two more long years, and we can start seeing each other again.

i hope that's how it'll go.

cordially, ◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️