Chapter 7 | L meets N

Start from the beginning

"If you don't mind me asking... why have you made so many persacoms? Is it just a hobby or do they all have jobs around the house?" You asked.

"Both. They all help with day to day tasks since the property is so big, and I wanted to make them all custom because I just never really clicked with any of the ones on the market... they're all pre-programmed to be a certain way and have generic personalities. I wanted a unique one" he explained.

Unique they definitely were. Matt was made for technology based work, and had a red and black grunge theme to him. There was a persacom helping with the tasks around the house that had longer blonde hair and all black ear ports. He wore head to toe black, a punk like aesthetic to him, and his speech patterns were a bit tough love. There was also a girl persacom you'd passed who was helping with the chores, she had her hair in pigtails and wore paint stained clothes. She seemed to be an art based persacom made for decorating and creating.

"How many do you have?" You asked.

"3 fully functional ones at the moment, I'm working on more. Matt, Mello and Linda. I'm trying to get my first one, A, up and running again. He malfunctioned a while ago and needs some repairs, I wasn't as experienced when I made him so I'm not surprised he eventually malfunctioned" Near explained.

"Woah, you could make a job out of this or something. You're so good at it, I'm sure people would pay a lot for customs" you replied.

"That's what my foster dad has been telling me, maybe when I'm older I'll do something like that. For now I'm good with my own customs... in truth I think I'm so precise about the way I make mine because I want them to feel as human as possible. Like... older siblings, a family. I never had any, and now I'm adopted I guess I just wanted to complete the family feeling..."

You had noticed that each of his persacoms had a very distinct personality, it made them feel alone more genuine and human than an off the shelf persacom. It was kind of sweet he cared so much for his customs to make them into sibling figures. But also a bit sad that he never had a family up until now, and felt the need to make one by any means necessary.

He was about to continue, but a sudden thud caught you both off guard and you turned to face the source. You were shocked to find Matt slumped over and collapsed half off the sofa, shut down.

"Matt? MATT!" Near exclaimed, getting up and rushing over to make sure he wasn't broken.

He picked up they persacom, checking for any damage.

"Oh thank god, he just went into surge mode... that's insane, L must have a super computer in him if he can make a full size persacom have a power surge" Near said, booting up Matt again.

You got up and walked over to L, who seemed completely fine and came out of scan mode perfectly normally.

"Are you all there? In tact?" You asked him, checking his chords. Luckily this time they didn't explode.

"L is ok, no data lost" he replied.

That's so strange, how can he be so powerful that a whole full size persacom can't hold his power?

Matt sat back up, seeming a little dazed.

"You ok Matt? No data lost?" Near asked.

"I'm ok, I automatically saved progress before I surged. Should I log the surge?" Matt replied.

"Yes keep track of that. Could you access him?"

"No, I tried to break the password but before I could even crack the first letter I surged. He has too much power for my computer to handle"