Ch. 6

It didn't take long for Tecchou and Jouno to calm down from the heat lightning that struck them that evening since, as the hunting dogs, they had to be able to handle these kinds of emotions. Once all four of them were gathered, the search started.

Though they didn't have to run around a lot, after all Tecchou and Jouno already knew everything. After they told the others the whole story, they still decided on at least finding out what in the world had happened. None of them could believe that a few mafia members could've been able to eliminate the boss of the strongest military unit in Japan.

The image shown to outsiders at this late hour must've looked extremely cool. Four young soldiers walking down the streets in a fast pace. Their flowy coats under the faint orange lantern light, accompanied by the intense sunlight, their swords tightly gripped and a stern expression on everyone's face. No one would dare to step in their way.

When they arrived at the supermarket the massacre was supposed to take place, they weren't surprised by what they saw. There was no light inside the store, in fact the windows were shattered and the products were distributed all over the place. Furthermore, the neon store sign still showed faint life signs, as it hung aslant over the entrance. A perfect setting for a post-apocalyptic scene.

Suddenly a fast silhouette rushed through the empty store halls. Moments later the hunting dogs had already taken their positions. Tachihara and Teruko stayed where they were in case, they were walking into a trap, while Jouno and Tecchou jumped up immediately, synchronic movements leading them right to where the figure was last seen.

- image

When they entered, they could see a person sitting on top of a 3-meter shelf at the backside. They were currently enjoying a glass something, swinging their legs in delight.

Carefully the two of them approached the strange figure. The person glanced at them and giggled then out of the blue said person started laughing their guts out: "AHaAHAH are you here to safe your poor commander hehe? Well, I'll have to disappoint you, the mafia already took him with them."

Shocked from that sudden yelling, Jouno quickly grabbed Tecchou's sleeve, his grip around his sword tightened, the voice sounded so familiar. Tecchou responded by protectively stepping in front of Jouno, his own sword held right before his face, ready to attack.

"Now now, don't get so mad, I ain't doing anything to you precious little lovebirds haajaash. I'm rather disappointed that you don't remember me, here, let me come down to your level heh."
The man stood up turned around, swaying his coat elegantly, disappearing into it. Before they knew A clown like man with a long white braid stood right in front of Tecchou and Jouno, bowing slightly while holding his ridiculous hat. Tecchou's eyes widened a bit, he increased the length of his sword to be just right next to the man's throat.

"Howdy, doodle dear hunting dogs couple. IT'S ME, THE AMAZING NIKOLAI GOGOL!!! Now, if you would excuse me, I still have a date to attend and you surely know how down turning someone who's late is." He softly pushed the sword aside with a grin, happily hopping in the entrance's direction.

Only five meters away from the two colleagues Tecchou rapidly turned around, using his word to sort of tie the strange man up. "You know something about Fukuchi, tell us." Another voice added: "You don't want to be late after all, right?"

Nikolai's grin was still present. "Hehe, I already said everything." With the hand closest to his coat, he grabbed it and - once again – used it to teleport away from them.

Although the clown had left, Jouno didn't let go of Tecchou's arm, who noticed that something was off. He put his sword back into his scabbard, visibly sighing.