37 | taehyung's not a criminal!

"good morning. i have an order to arrest kim taehyung." jeongguk stood there speechless, facing mingyu as his colleagues entered his apartment, looking for taehyung.

is this a nightmare? no- this can't be-

"n-no way." jeongguk ran towards his room where taehyung was sleeping, and he knew mingyu followed him behind immediately. but when he entered the room, there was the other surprise waiting for him.

the room was empty.

taehyung was nowhere to be seen as if he was never there in the first place. "where is he?" mingyu asked, looking around along with the other policemen.

"i-i don't know." it might seem like a lie to mingyu, jeongguk knew, but that was the truth. the boy was surprised just as much as he was, or even more. mingyu's men looked for him in every corner of the apartment however-

"we searched the whole place, he's not here, sir."

"fuck that shit!" mingyu exclaimed in anger, throwing off the chair that he was standing next to.

"we found his phone in that room though." one of the cops added, handing him taehyung's phone.

"he just left it here to fool us." as he mentioned, quite mad, jeongguk let out a sigh and smiled looking down. "where is he, jeongguk?"

"huh? i don't know. see, i also woke up and he wasn't there." jeongguk answered naively. at that moment, he could see how annoyed mingyu was about the whole situation, but he couldn't be more grateful that taehyung wasn't there. but suddenly, mingyu's eyes fell on him again and jeongguk knew his friend was thinking about something that made him worried again.

"you will have to come with us jeongguk."

"aren't you tired of asking this question over and over again?" jeongguk exclaimed for the nth time as he hit his fists against the table. "i told you too many times before, i fucking don't know where he is!" he shouted at the commissioner who asked him the same question the detectives kept on asking for the whole day.

"listen to me jeongguk. we are not playing games here. taehyung is a criminal, and if we find out that you have any information about him that you are hiding, be sure that you will be in a big troub-"

"taehyung is not a criminal! so what kind of information are you even trying to get?!" jeongguk gritted through his teeth.

"really?" the commissioner smiled, taking the seat facing him. "maybe you'd like to hear this."

jeongguk felt confused as he watched the older man take out his phone and sliding it over the table towards him after playing a voice recording. jeongguk's eyes widened and he panicked, realising that it was taehyung's voice, having a conversation that he could surely recognise. it was the conversation they had the night before at taehyung's house, where he was explaining to the younger what happened the night before. it was clear evidence against taehyung.

jeongguk's heart started to beat faster, and he couldn't breathe properly anymore.

"i see you are silent now." the older man smiled again, stopping the recording. "do you maybe want to change your mind?"

regardless to everything, there was something weird about the recording. his voice had been totally removed and taehyung sounded as if he was having a phone conversation.

jeongguk looked up at the tinted glass facing him, and although he could only see his reflection there, he knew the male was there watching. the one who did all of this.