36 | love me¹⁸⁺

Start from the beginning

"i forgot how comfy your house is." jeongguk said, letting himself fall on the sofa. "i can't understand how you can leave this and spend your nights on my cheap bed."

"it's not your bed, it's you, idiot!"

"whatever, i would choose this comfort over you." the younger closed his eyes while laying his head back on the sofa.

"look." he opened his eyes to see taehyung standing in front of him with his palm on his chest. "nowhere is more comfortable to you than here kitten."

"what the hell! you are so flirty-" as taehyung was laughing proudly, the younger frowned. "did you hear that?" he asked, making him stop and give the younger a questioning look. "i heard something upstairs; i am sure i did."

taehyung, as if he was always ready to be attacked, placed his hand immediately on his waist band where his gun usually was. "are you sure? i didn't hear anything." he whispered while eyes wondered around.

"i am sure-" as jeongguk whispered back, taehyung placed his index finger on the boy's lips, asking him to keep silent.

"do you have it on you?" taehyung asked, looking at the younger's waist and jeongguk assumed he was asking about the gun.

"always." he said, making the latter nod. taehyung then pointed one of the corners and asked him to hide there while he went to the other side of the room, facing him. jeongguk took his gun out, same as taehyung did and they stood there, waiting for whoever it was to show up.

few moments after that, jeongguk could feel it. someone was definitely upstairs and now; they were coming down. he looked at taehyung who gave him a sign to get ready, he was counting down for them to attack at the person and when they did-

"mingyu?" jeongguk exclaimed, his shock seeing the man with a smirk on his face, pointing his gun back and forth between him and taehyung, who besieged him.

"hey!" mingyu faced taehyung with that smirk still on his face.

"is this what policemen do lately?" taehyung responded with the same smirk. "sneaking into people's house when they don't have a proof against them?"

"oh no." mingyu shook his head with a sarcastic smile and let his hand loosen hold over his gun that he was no longer pointing it at taehyung. "that's just kind of personal. i was just making sure my best friend isn't dating a crazy drug dealer mafia leader psychopath."

"mingyu, what are you doing here, for real?" jeongguk asked, hiding back his gun as he was sure the latter won't hurt him, and jeongguk approached him. "did you take anything from upstairs?"

jeongguk tried to look into his eyes to know the truth, but it was useless. mingyu knew him too well; he won't make that eyes contact with the younger male. "look at me mingyu." jeongguk tried to grab his attention, but him and taehyung seemed to have the most intense eye contact at the moment.

"hush! don't do that guks!" mingyu bit onto his bottom lip. "your boyfriend might get jealous if he sees us locking eyes and he's too scary to be honest."

jeongguk looked back at taehyung and as predicted, the man started to lose his patience. taehyung looked away while placing his arm back on his waist band, and even from a distance, jeongguk could see his jaw tightening.

"listen you idiot." taehyung approached them and faced mingyu. "whatever you came looking for here, you are just wasting your time. you can't take me down just like all your friends couldn't before. so don't play with fire and make me hate you."

"alright, i will take that in consideration v. i am grateful you don't hate me yet anyway." mingyu laughed. the silence suddenly filled the room, and jeongguk was anticipating for each one of them to make a move.