Chapter 2

Andy

I walk onto Seeing Death's tour bus, not really sure why I am here. I have never heard of them, nor do I know any of the people in the band except for Nova. But i'm not here for her. Maybe I just want to party, most all of my friends are here anyway.

A part of me is hoping though, that I will run into Nova. She's an interesting girl, and she's funny.

"Hey Andy," Ashley Costello from New Year's Day greets me.

"Hey Ash, how's tour going?" I find a cup and pour a drink.

"It's great! Very hot days though, before I even get on stage I have sweat all of my makeup off!" She speaks over the music.

"God, I can relate when we used to wear war paint," I chuckle, reminiscing on that time.

"Anyway, I have to go find Craig, we were discussing about touring together sometime in the future. Could you imagine, New Year's Day and Escape the Fate?!" She grins, walking away.

I have to admit, that would a pretty sick combo. I walk outside to get some air, lighting up a cigarette. I inhale, instantly feeling relaxed.

"Hey Andy, for the fourth time," I hear Nova's voice behind me.

I turn around facing her, my jaw almost dropping. She is in a tight black dress, stopping just mid thigh. Her tattoo sleeve more prominent, making her look extra gorgeous. I then realize she said hello, and I have probably stared at her for too long. Now I am making this awkward.

"Oh uh, I didn't introduce myself for the fourth time," I chuckled, rubbing the back of my next trying to recover from the awkward staring I did.

"I was just waiting for you to," She laughs, walking next to me. She yawns and takes a sip of whatever she is drinking.

"Too bad you can't go to bed, the party won't let you sleep," I reference all of the loud music and people.

"Ugh I know," she groans, kicking the dirt. "I told Atlas not to have a party tonight, but he figured it's fine since I napped earlier."

Atlas?

"He's our drummer and best friend," She looks at me.

I must've said his name out loud, I nod my head and take a drag. Nova yawns again, looking exhausted.

"Hey, please don't think I'm a creep or anything but if you need to sleep, my bus has a spare bunk if you want some silence," I offer.

"When you ask me not to think you're a creep, I'm going to think that you're a creep," She grins, sipping from her cup.

"You know what I mean," I feel my face go hot.

"Sure, I'd love to get some peace and quiet, most importantly some sleep, I'll just let my sister know where I'm going.. In case you turn out to be a creep," She shoves me playfully.

Ashley: I saw you walking with Nova towards our bus ;)

Me: not for that stupid, she needs to rest

Ashley: ya, rest after you're done with her!

I roll my eyes and put my phone away. Nova is in the bathroom getting changed. She texted her sister to let her know she was leaving, but forgot to bring any clothes. I heard the door open and start to laugh.

"Shut up," She gives me the middle finger.

She is in one of my T shirts and it is huge on her. Although, she looks adorable in my shirt. We sit in the lounge and eat some chips, just scrolling through our phones.

"I can't believe your shirt just engulfs me, I am a child playing dress up in their mothers clothes," She huffs, setting her phone down, looking at me.

"Listen you look cute though," I blurt out, without thinking.

"Uh thanks," she goes back on her phone.

Wow, smooth Andrew. Smooth.

"So I can show you the spare bunk then," I say standing up, as she yawns.

We walk through the bunks and we get to the very last one, on the top.

"Uh Andy do you see how small I am, that is on the ceiling and I am a mere 5 foot 2," She raises her eyebrows.

"Um, okay, you could sleep in my bunk for the night? I can sleep in the spare," I suggest, since it's in the middle.

"It's okay, I don't want to take your spot. I can sleep in the lounge," She starts walking back.

"No, really it's okay, you probably would prefer a bunk bed, as comfy as it can get, over the lumpy couch," I insist, gently grabbing her wrist.

She turns around and faces me, I stare at her as she stares back. I look in her eyes and to her plump lips. They look so kissable, and when she bites them, I lose it. I lean in but she pulls away.

"Uh Andy," she whispers.

"Oh — God uh sorry about that! Must've been the drinks," I stammer over my words, backing away from her.

"It's cool, just don't do it again," she laughs it off, climbing into my bunk, closing the curtain.

I stand there for a second, cursing myself out. That was so embarrassing for me, I can't believe I did that and got rejected. I cringe, taking a breath.

"Goodnight Andy, don't sweat what happened," She opens the curtain, facing me, "thanks for letting me sleep here tonight,"

"No problem, goodnight," I give her an embarrassed smile, my face hot.

She yawns and closes the curtain. I shut the main bunk bed light off and climb into the spare bed. Falling asleep to the feeling of total embarrassment.