The Dive (Part 5)

Start from the beginning

"Yo, my dudes!" Argyle said, cuddling with Eden. "Any luck?"

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

I was alone in the rainbow room. It was way too quiet for my liking. If only Papa allowed me to have an accompany to play with, then I wouldn't have been so lonely.

I stuck the puck through the slot and watched it fall to the number that still didn't land on what I wanted. I sighed, and jumped in place when I heard someone wailing in pain.

I stood up, and heard a boy plead, "Please!"

I walked out of the rainbow room, and slowly made my way through the hallway. I heard something buzzing in the room just up ahead, and a boy grimacing in pain. I crept up to the door, and looked over to the window.

"Please, please..."

It was Papa's assistant.

I gasped, and saw them tasering him. The door opened, and I slipped away quickly. I watched them quietly drag his assistant away. Papa's assistant was unconscious. I turned my back as soon as Papa turned to face my direction, and held in my breath.

I heard footsteps receding away, and then I went back to the rainbow room.

"You shouldn't be wandering the halls." Two said, and I turned to face him, Five, and the girl who had been giving me mean stares all this time.

"It's against the rules." one of the girls said. There were four of them.

"And not safe."

One of the girls was El.

"El-?" I stared to say.

"Don't worry about her, you worry about yourself." Two said, and I noticed them circling me. "You shamed us today."

"I-I'm sorry." I started to say, and Two stepped closer.

"I didn't wanna hurt you. You are weak, and pathetic. I was holding back, and you think your friend here's just gonna let you be stronger than any of us?" Two nodded at El, who looked at me angrily.

"El, I-" I whimpered.

"You do that before anyone? Before Papa?"

"No-"

Two let out a sharp exhale through his nose, and I was pushed to the floor by force. I yelped in surprise. Some of the kids giggled. I couldn't help but look at El, who was still just as pissed at me. Was this how I treated her back then?

"How'd that feel?" Two asked me. "Did you like that?"

He winked at me, and I glared at him. I looked at the video camera, hoping they'd see, but I didn't see a red dot.

"See a light? I don't."

"Something must've happened to the power." Five smirked. "Your friend must've done that."

Five shoved me away by some force again, and I shrieked in surprise. Then, one by one, everyone moved me around in a circle and it was like I was possessed. The only one who didn't do anything was El.

She stood by, watching.

"Stop it!" I shouted, helplessly.

"Tell Papa we did this, and we will kill you." Two crouched down to me as I fell to the floor. He shook his head at me, "Should've already been labeled a failure..."

I stood up and started to cry as the bullies walked away, except for El. "Why didn't you stop them?" I asked, through my tears. "We're friends, El!"

"Not after what just happened." El shook her head at me, and then...she was gone.

I was alone again.

I looked around the rainbow room for her, until I walked towards the mirror up ahead as something was wrong. There was a tinier version of me, who's hospital gown was stained with blood. I looked down at my own gown, and it was stained in the same way.

The memories started rushing at me all at once.

Children lying dead on the ground. Blood everywhere. Me, holding my hand up to give out a primal roar to an unknown.

"What have you done?" Papa had asked. "What have you done?"

~~~

We were pulled right out of the tank together. Hauled up by everyone who came by to the rescue. They set us down and I heard monitors rapidly beeping beside us.

"Okay, easy." Dr. Owens advised us, his voice echoing. Time seemed to slow for a bit. "Deep breaths."

We were laid down on separate stretchers, next to each other. I was gasping for air, and Dr. Brenner checked my pulse.

"Take deep breaths."

"You did well, Six." Dr. Brenner smiled at me, "You and Eleven did very well."

I looked over to El who sat upright, but she had a different expression this time. She was angry.

"I know what happened now, guys." I sobbed. "I killed them, didn't I, Papa? I killed them all..." He started to calm me down, but I couldn't help it. I managed to sit up right to look at El with a worried look on my face. "El, I am so, so sorry." She looked at me and tilted her head. "Please, I'm here for you, El. I don't want you to hate me."

El hopped off her stretcher and hurried to me, and shushed me, "It's okay, (Y/n), it's okay..."

"I can't believe it...I killed them all..."