The Dive (Part 5)

*Will's POV*

We waited downstairs and hid in the room next to Suzie's dad's office. The power went off, and we heard her dad heading downstairs, "Cornelius!"

Cornelius roared.

We went in the office, and Jonathan closed the door behind us. "Wait," I said, "Where's Argyle?"

"Shit, I-I don't know." Jonathan said, with his eyes widened.

"And three, two..." Suzie looked at her watch as I looked around her dad's office. The power came back on, and Suzie got the computer working.

"Oh my god." Mike said, as the room lit up and we were able to see stacks of books everywhere. Papers were cluttered on the desk. "Way to go, Cornelius."

Suzie quickly dialed the number and we saw a bunch of files pop up on the screen. "Holy sh-!" Mike started to say, until Suzie glared at him. "Heck. Oh holy heck. You did it."

Suzie started typing away, "Hold your applause. I don't see an address."

"Office." Jonathan said. "Try "office"."

When she clicked on the file, a bunch of file names popped up to the screen. It made no sense at all, and if it did, there wouldn't have been an address here. Suzie was more surprised than we were. "What...is all this?" she muttered, and Jonathan shrugged.

"Maybe it's hidden in the code?" Jonathan asked.

"What you just said makes no sense." Mike said.

"Hold your butts." Suzie grumbled. "I'll trace the IP."

"The...The I-" I stammered." The I-what?"

"The internet protocol address."

Oh.

"It's a unique numerical label given to all information technology connected to the Internet." Suzie explained.

"What's the Internet?" Jonathan asked curiously.

"Don't worry about it." Suzie said. "It's just gonna change the world."

It took a few more minutes as she scanned the next screen. "What's happening now?" Mike asked.

"I'm running the IP through a geolocation software. Basically a form of data mining." Suddenly, the Nina file popped up, and Suzie let it load. She hit enter and the location popped up on the screen.

37'03'00.0" N 116'05'16.8" W. Nevada.

"Bingo!" Suzie said.

"Nevada?" We questioned together.

"Can you print this?" Mike asked, impatiently.

"No, my skills end at IP geolocation." Suzie said, which left Mike disappointed. She pressed a button on the small printer beside her, and we couldn't help but stare dumbfounded.

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You were being sarcastic." Mike said.

"Yeah."

We hurried out of the office as her father walked up the stairs. "Hi, Father. You look like you need a nap." Suzie said, and we followed her out the house.

"Slow down!" he called after us.

When we hurried outside, Suzie handed Mike the paper.

"Dustin and (Y/n)'s right, you're a certified genius." Mike said.

Suzie smiled, but then she took a whiff of a weird scent as did we, "I think we just spooked a skunk."

We looked over to Argyle's pizza van, and opened up the trunk. I coughed and looked away from the cloud of smoke.