*Chapter 19: Showdown in the Wasteland*

Magsimula sa umpisa

She moved the thick vines out of the way as she pushed through the jungle. There is no going back now. Shere Khan will pay for what had done. Rayna is ready. She had everything she needs to face him. She will end him.

"'Cause I'll breathe,
When they try to suffocate me.
Don't you underestimate me,
Cause I know that I won't go speechless.
All I know is I won't go speechless.
Speechless."

She finishes her song as she sees the wasteland ahead of her. Unknown to her, the jungle has smoke...

Rocky and the vultures are relaxing on the barren tree in the wasteland where there is nothing but grass and dead trees. Chil made a sound as she approached the tree. Rocky looks up with wonder.

"What's the word, Chil?" Flaps asked.

"Boys, Rayna is on her way. With the Red Flower." Chil spoke.

"The what?!" Rocky asked in shock. Moments later, Rayna arrived in the wasteland. Rocky let out a yelp and hid behind the tree. "Rayna! What are you doing with that?!" Rayna didn't answer him as she looks around with anger in her eyes.

"Shere Khan!" She yelled, her voice echoes throughout the wasteland. "Come out here! I'm here! I'm not afraid of you, Shere Khan! Come out and face me!" The vultures were shocked to hear Rayna calling out the tiger. "Come out, Khan! Come out you coward!" Giggling is heard. Rayna turned to see a lot of striped hyenas surrounding her. She glared at them, gripping on her weapons. "Where is he?" She demanded.

"Patience, girl-cub." A deep voice spoke. Rayna turned around and see Shere Khan and Tabaqui coming through the pack of hyenas. Shere Khan made a sneer as he sees the Red Flower. "So, you have the man's weapon. You do realize you've brought danger into the jungle."

"I'm in control of the Red Flower, Shere Khan. The jungle will fear you no more!" Rayna said, raising the Red Flower up. Shere Khan let out a chuckle. "What's so funny, Shere Khan?"

"I think the jungle is afraid of something else." Shere Khan said as he looks behind her and the hyenas. Rayna turned around to see the jungle behind her in flames. She gasped in horror and look at the Red Flower. The vultures, Chil, and Rocky stare in shock. Rayna accidently got the jungle in flames with the weapon. She was aware it causes destruction but didn't think it would be this bad. This isn't part of Rayna's plan.

"No... I...I would never..." Rayna stuttered, shaking her head.

"The girl-cub is now a woman. A dangerous one." Tabaqui giggled. "I say we teach her a lesson, boss."

"The girl is mine, Tabaqui!" Shere Khan snapped, making the hyena whimper. Shere Khan turned his attention on Rayna. "You will be remembered for this, you foolish girl! You have no friends, no family. You have nothing!"

"No." Rayna spoke. "You're wrong." She opened his eyes to see him. "I may be a human, but I do have friends and family who lookout for me. I've learned so much the past few days. And I learned about you, Shere Khan. You were afraid me." Shere Khan growled at her. "You fear me, not the Red Flower."

"So, you've seen Shivani the Wise. That serpent! She has told you about what I seek." Shere Khan said, walking around Rayna. "She is wrong, girl-cub! I do not fear you! You're just a lost girl-cub who caused chaos in our home!" Rayna glared at him. Before she could speak, she hears voices coming from behind. The hyenas turned to see the wolf pack, Bagheera, Tailsy, and Baloo.

"Rayna!" Grey said with relief. "Thank goodness you're okay!"

"Grey, mother, everyone." Rayna said, surprised to see them.

"Our jungle is in flames!" One of the wolves said, looking behind them. Rayna frowned at this. The tiger chuckled.

"Ah, everyone is here. How delightful." Shere Khan said with a smug grin. "Now this is getting interesting. Now all of you see what Rayna has truly become." Rayna had enough and swung the Red Flower at his face, causing him to roar in agony. He wiped his side of the face with his paw. Rayna sees some burnt marks on the side of his face. The animals gasped by Rayna's action towards the tiger.