The maid trembles in fear as Xiaomei couldn't think why this maid is framing her. In the book, no one was really against Daiyu as she was considered an evil and annoying burden. So Xiaomei is wondering what her motives are.

"Well... last night I- I saw Miss Daiyu in the kitchen putting something in a teapot that was for Miss Baozhai... I assume it was poison," she said.

Before Xiaomei could speak, the door burst open as LiMei ran in and kneeled on the ground. "Your majesty, please believe me! I was with my lady last night, and she didn't go anywhere. I will use my life as evidence!"

ChuHua shouted again, "Don't believe her, your majesty. She is Huang Daiyu's maid. Of course, she will cover for her.''

Then another person burst in, "your majesty, I was close to the cold palace last night and did not see Miss Daiyu step foot out of the cold palace as she was in the cold palace the whole night. Please believe me as I have no relation to them," said Bao, as he was also kneeling to the emperor. Xiaomei was in disbelief at those two.

"I will also put my life as evidence," he said.

"You two, silence!" Xiaomei said, upset as the whole room went quiet as well. She turned her attention to the maid. "You said that you saw me last night, but why was Baozhai poisoned this morning? Why didn't you dump it out? Why did you reheat and serve it to her? I think it's partially your fault. Don't you think?'' Xiaomei said as everyone looked at the maid.

"I-I..., your majesty. I-I ... was afraid," she stuttered.

Before either Xiaomei and the maid could talk, another person came in. "Your majesty, we have found another witness," BoJing said and did a fist and palm salute to the emperor.

"Bring her in," the emperor said, and two guards brought in another female maid. She kneels in front of the emperor. "Speak," the emperor's voice roared.

"It wasn't Miss Daiyu who put something in Miss Baozhai's tea, but Fai." the maid said and pointed at the maid who was framing Xiaomei.

"Don't believe her, your majesty,'' the maid said frantically.

The other maid continued, "I am the one who usually makes Miss Baozhai's tea in the morning. After I just finished making the tea, Fai insisted on bringing it to Miss Baozhai. However, instead of bringing it out she went back to the back of the kitchen and put something in the tea. Once I asked her what she was doing, she said she was adding more flowers into the tea. And, the next thing I heard was that Miss Baozhai was poisoned, and it was Miss Daiyu who did it. I tried my best to report this,'' She finished.

"She's lying!" the maid screamed. "Don't believe her," she shouted again.

"Your majesty, you can ask the other maid in the kitchen as they will tell you that I am the one who usually makes Miss Baozhai's tea and that Fai was the one who insisted on bringing the tea to Miss Baozhai," the maid swore.

"Your majesty, we found a portion of the poison in her room," BoJing reported and lifted a small bag to show everyone.

"That's not mine! I had never seen that before. Someone implanted it in my room, your majesty," she begs.

The emperor ordered, "search her." Maids appeared and started searching her body.

"Your majesty," one of the maids said and lifted another small bag to show the emperor. BoJing steps forward and grabs the bag, and opens it to inspect it. He gave the emperor the nod.

"Take her away," the emperor ordered.

"Crown Prince! It's not what you think!" the maid screamed as she was looking at LiJie. "Crown Prince!" she shouted again before being dragged away. At that moment everyone in the room knew her motives.

Xiaomei thought in her head before sighing, "Another person who fell in love with LiJie."

"Since this has been settled, you all may leave," the emperor said.

At that moment, Xiaomei went on her knees and said, "Your majesty, for this unjustified, I would like to leave the cold palace and divorce the crown prince to live outside of the palace in the village. As you saw, most people wanted my blood on their hands as I am innocent and framed." Everyone in the room was shocked upon hearing this.

The emperor looked down at her as she lowered her head. "Do you agree?" the emperor said, looking at LiJIe.

LiJie looked down at Xiaomei and back at the emperor. "Your majesty, you can decide since you made this arrangement," he spoke with anger in his voice before walking out. LiJie still resented his father for forcing him to marry Daiyu. However, his true anger had nothing to do with Daiyu but with his father, and what he did to his mother, the empress.

The empress stood by her brother (Daiyu's father) to the very end and never believed that her brother was treason against the emperor as she had died along with them. So every time LiJie sees Daiyu, he will be reminded of his mother, and his hatred towards his father continues to grow.