Chapter 19: *Ufufufu intensifies*

Start from the beginning

...a wild demon lord appeared in my backyard.

"Erm... Good afternoon, demon lord Milim Nava. How can I help you today?" I greeted her with a serious tone...

"....Hm... I just came to say hi..."

"..."

"..."

...I kind of forgot just how big an airhead she can be. Well, if that's better for me, anyway, because that way I won't have to fight her as I did in the original timeline. Hm... now that I think about it, why did I fight her in the first place? I feel I might be forgetting something quite important...

"Prepare to die!!" Oh, yeah, I forgot about her. Shion appeared out of nowhere, slashing at Milim with a shout. Following behind her, several other figures appeared, beginning with Ranga, who leapt out of a shadow on the ground and went for a tackle against Milim. It was obviously useless, though. This is Milim we are talking about, after all.

"I want to play too!!" With a nearly childish smile on her face, Milim grabbed Shion's sword with her left hand while she used her right to parry Ranga's tackle. Both of them were sent flying by Milim's raw strength. She appeared to be ready to dash toward them, but she stopped in her tracks as she felt a slight tug on her body.

"Not even a demon lord can escape my thread." It was Souei, who planned to use Shion and Ranga as a distraction to restrain Milim. Too bad, though, as Milim simply dashed ahead nonetheless, forcing Souei to let go of his thread. If he hadn't let go, he would've been dragged through the ground by Milim's rush. I could see Benimaru with his eyes wide open as he saw her get away from the spot. I guess he wanted to attack her while she was restrained by Souei, but well, that clearly didn't work out.

Milim was now about to reach Shion, who had been previously blown away quite the distance. I don't think she will kill her or anything like that, but this might be really bad; somebody should do something. Ah, wait. That's me!

"Rimuru-sama... run...away..." I instantly moved in front of Shion, who was more injured than I thought. Her life wasn't in danger, of course, but she seemed to be hanging on to her consciousness by a thread.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it. Get some rest." Shion seemed a bit conflicted, but after a few seconds, her conscience finally faded away. I turned away from her and faced Milim, who did not halt her approach even now that she's just in front of me.

Without taking a single step back, I jump forward at Milim. She smiled with a mix of happiness and devilness as we collided...

"AAh! Oooouchieee?!" ...just a second after we came in contact with one another, Milim fell on her back and began rolling around the ground in pain. Tears started forming on her eyes as she covered her forehead with both hands. Hm? What did I do? Nothing much, of course... yeah, nothing much...alright, I may or may have not given her a forehead flick with a considerable amount of my strength... but she's alright, so there's no problem! No problemo!

"Papaaa!? What's happe...ning..." Reili appeared out of nowhere with Ciel in tow. She accidently made eye contact with Milim, who was still on the ground. "Pffft..." Reili turned around in a fluster and covered her mouth as she chuckled; she was shaking, but not because of fear or anything like that, but rather...

"Pffft...HAHAHAHA!" ...she was trying not to laugh, but she failed terribly. Maybe noticing she wouldn't be able to hide it anymore, Reili dropped on the ground while hugging her belly, and her laughing became more intense. ...I don't really know how I should feel, seeing my daughter dearest laughing at someone else's misfortune.... Hm? That I was the one who caused her misfortune in the first place? Shhhh... that's not important right now, okay?