♫ 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 (12)

Beginne am Anfang

"Dae-su's song is starting to grow on me. ♫Chicken tastes better fried in olive oil. Pork tastes better than soy meat. Strawberry cakes taste better than plain strawberries. What makes me laugh, laugh, laugh is trans fat.♫ I couldn't have said it better myself."

✩*⢄⢁✧ --------- ✧⡈⡠*✩

The smell of burning invaded my sexy nostrils and for a moment, I thought that it was C̶h̶e̶o̶n̶g̶-s̶a̶n̶'s̶ m̶o̶m̶'s̶ c̶h̶i̶c̶k̶e̶n̶. Wait, that's rude...

'Oh my god, waiting here is so goddamn boring, but I can't sleep without someone next to me.'

I decided to wait as long as I needed to. I mean, Gwi-nam may try to manipulate me, but I don't think he notices that I don't care. Like, I'm not scared of him or anything.

✩*⢄⢁✧ --------- ✧⡈⡠*✩

"Y/N."

I was broken out of my daydream by Gwi-nam, who was out of breath, and with a fucked up hand.
"What happened?" I asked, yawning out of boredom and tiredness. I can't even remember the last time I slept - wait, no, the last time I slept was in the music room while I was waiting for the others with Cheong-san.
"Don't stare at me like you're gonna kill me. If you even think about it, I'll kill you with my bare hands." Gwi-nam told me.
"I'm so fucking hungry."
"No shit. Deal with it. Since when were you such a whiny girl?"
"I'm not. I'm tired. Can we please sleep?"
"I can't sleep when I'm hungry."

I slowly rose to my feet and stretched, looking out at the hallway.
"I'm so close to eating a person," I muttered.
"So am I." He looked out of the window. "Are you thirsty?"
"Why?"
"Don't you want to drink out of the taps?"
"I didn't even think of that. Please, let's go before I collapse."
"Alright, Miss Lung Cancer." He slid open the door and I walked out first, before he followed me.
"For your information, I haven't smoked in a while."
"How long is that for you? One hour?"
"Oh, shut up. I haven't smoked since this all happened."
"Because you lost your cigs?"
"Because I lost my cigs." A nearby snarl made me freeze in fear despite having killed many zombies before. 'Seriously, why am I more scared than before? Just use your knife.' I listened to my brain and took out my knife, listening closely. Another snarl, and it was getting louder.

"It's fine, I'll get it," Gwi-nam patted my shoulder and turned around the corner, where he quickly killed the zombie.
"The bathrooms are just there," he added.
"I'm getting verbal déjà vu."
"Oh yeah. It's a shame that I'd accidentally eat you now."
"It can't be helped." We both began walking faster and I swung the bathroom door open, impatient.
"The water isn't running away, calm down." I stared at the sinks before twisting a faucet on and gathering it into my hands before sipping it slowly, savouring the first drink that I'd had in about a few days. Gwi-nam did the same, and we drank as much water as we needed, before sitting next to each other by the sink.
"You would think that you don't need water, since you're half zombie."
"It just cools me down."
"Isn't the water meant to be warm?"
"There's no more heating."
"Makes sense."
"I'm sleeping," Gwi-nam announced, leaning back and closing his eyes.
"Aren't you- nevermind, me too." I leaned back and slightly on him for comfort and closed my own eyes, quickly falling asleep with the reassurance of Gwi-nam beside me.

✩*⢄⢁✧ --------- ✧⡈⡠*✩

I groaned and opened my eyes to see the now moonlit room, with Gwi-nam also awake.
"That was very much needed," I sighed, smiling to myself.
"I have to get to the rooftop, damn it," Gwi-nam spoke to no one in particular, sitting up and cracking his neck.
"No, you have to stop with this before I jump off of the rooftop."
"Nobody was talking to you."
"How kind."
"Shut up and get up." I stood up and we exited the bathroom, entering the old hallway.
"Wow, what a gentleman you are - still going into the mens' toilets in an apocalypse."
"Then you're a pervert for going in there with me, right?"
"I'm cold, Gwi-nam," I blurted, rubbing my arms.
"Then walk closer to me, I don't bite." We giggled quietly and I walked closer to Gwi-nam, almost tripping over when he pulled me closer by my arm and wrapped his arm around my back.
"Holy fuck, you're so hot," I melted into his surprisingly warm body, before he pushed my head off of him.