#𝟭𝟬 speak now

Start from the beginning

"Last time he was like this, him and Haley were having their first fight." Caleb spoke, looking at Finn who had chewed on his fingernails. "So, either him and Haley are fighting, him and Ryker are fighting, or something completely out of the ordinary."

Finn's leg bouncing got more rapid and he ran his hands through his hair, smiling to himself as he had looked over at Ryker who was filming a scene with Noah and Millie.

"Okay. I'm asking him what's wrong before he explodes." Joe stated, walking up to Finn who had shoved himself out of his chair and paced back and forth again. "Hey, buddy, are you alright?"

"I have a problem I don't know how to solve." Finn blurted like ripping off a bandaid, looking at his friends who were worried about him. "I..."

He breathed out, looking back at the only person he can't get out of his mind that keeps him lying awake at night with the thought of what it would be like falling asleep next to her again.

"Ready guys?" Sadie said, looking at Finn with a smile. "He's gonna say it."

"I think I like Ryker."

"Woahhhh!" Caleb jokingly shouted, throwing his hands up in fake surprise. "Who saw that one coming?"

"You're right, Caleb. I'm so shocked." Joe smiled, watching Finn lean forwards in his chair and put his head in his hands, rubbing his eyes with his palms. "Finn?"

"I know! It's...shitty! I'm with Haley, but I can't stop thinking about her."

"You got it bad!" Joe lightly slapped his shoulder, wrapping his arm around him as he looked down at Finn with a smile. "Do you love Haley?"

"We haven't exactly said the word-"
"But do you?"

He sighed and thought for a minute, already knowing the answer. "No." He stated, swallowing hard as he frowned. "And...I don't think she loves me."

"Doesn't take a genius to figure that out." Maya walked up after having eavesdropped on the situation. "Are you and Ryker doing okay?"

"Why?" Finn furrowed his eyebrows, looking up at Maya who looked between Finn and Joe.

"Cause she came to me crying this morning when she got here."

"Did she watch '10 things I hate about you' again?" Joe questioned Maya who laughed as she leaned against the wall and looked at Finn.

"No, she didn't. So, speak. Now." Maya pointed at Finn and waited.

"I don't know? I drove her to set today so it couldn't have been because of me." Finn looked confused, and looked between the group.

"Crush, twelve o'clock." Sadie pointed behind Finn and watched the girl quickly walk towards the group, avoiding Finn.

Ryker, throwing herself into Maya's arms pulling her into a tight hug, the group shared confused glances as they looked at the teary eyed girl laying on Maya's shoulder.

"Hey, buddy are you okay?" Maya questioned the younger girl, running her fingers through her hair soothingly, looking up at Joe curiously.

"I'm sorry." She sniffled, pulling out of Maya's arms as she tried hiding her tears from the rest of the group. "I keep fucking up my lines and stammering and they're all trying to be patient with me, but I'm getting on my own nerves and I just...I'm overwhelmed."

"Hey. It's not your fault!" Maya promised, wiping the tears from Ryker's eyes. "You've always had days where you mess up your lines. We all do."

"Rykes, everybody knows you don't process scripts the first time. You're okay. They're not upset with you." Finn reassured the girl, watching her lean her forehead against Maya's shoulder. "I promise."

All of Ryker's life she has struggled with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Dyslexia, and Anxiety which have practically ruled her life and set filming back and made her very insecure of her work. She has always struggled, and six years later of the same show her struggle has gotten worse. Most days she can handle it, but somedays she just breaks down.

And the only person who can ever help her is Finn, but today she could barely stand to look at him.

"Thank you. I needed that." She smiled, feeling Maya's arms snake around her waist but she had quickly pulled out of the hug when she watched Haley walk up to the hugging pair, clearing her throat and getting ready to walk away.

"Thanks again." She smiled, waving and walking away from the group as quick as she could before Haley had the chance to utter a word.

"What was that about?" Haley asked, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked at Finn who had a soft smile on his face. "I thought I told you to stay away from her?"

"She was talking to Maya." He stated. "She was struggling and just needed advice. You know she struggles, we were just helping her calm down and give her advice." Finn reassured Haley, smiling softly at his girlfriend who rolled her eyes.

"Oh, boohoo." Haley stated, looking back at Ryker who was with Millie and Noah. "Just another one of her little sob stories she tells people. Just like the story about her family."

"Don't talk about her like that." Finn quickly defended. "You don't know anything about her or her family to be saying anything about her."

"What? You're defending her now?" Haley chuckled, looking up at Finn who had kept his composure. "She's just another charity case, Finn. Open your eyes."

"You don't know her like I do." He calmly said, looking at Ryker from afar who had made quick eye contact with him before watching her turn back to Noah. "She's my friend and she always will be."

"She's just using you. I'm the one who really loves you." Haley wrapped her arms around his neck, speaking softly, playing with his hair on the nape his neck, but Finn avoided her as well as he could, not putting his arms around her or looking her in the eye.

"Actually, I think it's quite the opposite." He grabbed her arms and took them off his neck, quickly walking away from the girl who gasped in surprise.