Ch.1

Warnings: drug use , mentions of addiction and bullying. ( I think that is all for this chapter)

Enjoy ;)

You've been bullied by Eren since elementary school. He would take your crayons and break or throw them away, and he would call you mean names, but that didn't stop you from trying to make friends with him. Even though, that wasn't going to happen because he would always treat you badly without any explanation. In middle school, things only got worse. He would trip you every day, cut your hair, stick gum in it, and call you mean names. On top of that, he was really popular, so when we had gym classes, he would get people to hurt you on purpose.You only had your best friend hitch on your side, and she wasn't in any of your classes, so you had to suffer until lunchtime, when you could see her and let it all out.She served as your sole source of happiness for a while; nothing could break your spirit while she was present.

You're in highschool now.

However, not much has changed. You still have to put up with Eren's bullying; it's less severe now, and he just calls you names. And on a good day, he might trip you or push you aside.

Although the bullying isn't as bad as it once was, you aren't as happy as you once were because Hitch has grown distant over the past few months for reasons you don't understand.

But you've been occupied with other things to distract yourself, so you haven't worried much about that.

You're a senior starting your senior year, and you're already having a bad day because your step mom said something stupid about something you don't even know because you always doze off when she talks. But the moment you enter the school, Eren is waiting for you at your locker for reasons you are already aware of.

He trips you when you approach your locker , and then he starts to howl in laughter, drawing the attention of many people and making your eyes water.

Even though you're accustomed to him doing this, you're still sensitive, so it doesn't help that those around you are snickering and looking at you.

But instead crying on the floor, you sigh, get up, and go to the restroom. leaving Eren and his friends to taunt you

As you entered the restroom you coincidentally found just who you needed.

Annie

Annie and you were not friends; in fact, you don't believe Annie had any friends at all, but she supplied you with weed and other drugs, so you were on neutral terms with her. Since Hitch began to distance herself from you, drugs were the only thing you had. You tried weed when you were friends with Hitch and liked it, but when she left, you started using it almost every day and then moved on to more stuff.

You don't like to be labeled an addict, but that's exactly what you were. Whenever someone saw you, you were always on something or in the process of doing something. Either way you weren't a clean or mentally stable person, and to be honest, you didn't care.

y/n's pov

As I ran to the restroom, tears streamed down my face. When I entered, I saw a blonde person standing there smoking. I couldn't tell who it was because my vision was blurred from tears, but as soon as I saw the hoodie they were wearing, I knew it was Annie. Because I didn't know anyone else who would confidently wear a 'I love weed' hoodie to school, but our school was full of potheads and I didn't know for sure, so I just hurried up and ran to a stall to cry.

Although Annie wasn't a cuddly person, she disliked seeing people cry because she cared about other people at her core and found it disgusting that someone could have that much control over another person to make them feel terrible.

So instead of saying the basic "everything going to be okay" speech she did the next best thing

"Lets share the rest of this blunt aye" Annie said trying to cheer you up because she knew exactly why you were crying. She always did, really.

To be honest, Annie was always there for you and if you weren't so blind you would realize she was way better than hitch.

" Sure but you have to come in here because I want to keep my hoodie off" Annie knew that you cut yourself so you werent affraid to show her your scars

" Fine"

You opened the stall door and let Annie in

"So" annie said wanting you to explain exactly what eren did

" so" you said not really wanting to tell her because last time you did she put him in the infirmary

Annie scoffed "Are you seriously protecting him after everything he's done to you"

"No, It's just last time -"

" Last time he deserved everything I gave him"

You sighed " Annie please"

"No y/n you don't deserve what he does to you"

" Maybe not but Annie i'm not worth detention"

" yeah you're worth getting expelled"

" Annie im barely worth a dime so just leave it alone"

" are you serious right now y/n, he's been treating you bad since elementary school"

Even though I didn't speak to Annie until high school, she knew about me much earlier because I'm Eren's most frequent victim and we live in a small town where everyone knows everyone. So yeah she knew our history without me having to tell her anything

" okay but I don't care so you shouldn't either"

"You don't care?" Annie questions sounding angrier than she should. "You don't care but you come to the bathroom to cry everyday. You don't care but you take drugs to numb yourself, you don't care but you -"

Annie starts ranting about everything you do because she knows how much you care, but you zone out because you're too high to care about what she's saying, but you know she's right because when is she ever wrong?

-
Even though Annie despises the fact that you use drugs, she continues to sell them to you because, by the time she realized you were addicted, it was already too late for you; you were at the point where you would do anything to obtain them, and since the majority of the drug dealers in this town are men, you don't have any money, and you also don't care much about your life or body, she didn't really want to find out how far you were willing to go and just kept selling them to you.

But Annie thought she could be there for you and make you care about your life and see the bright side of things. Of course, she wouldn't consider you a friend because she had never really seen anyone that way, she simply didn't want to see you die because of some jerk, and in Annie's eyes, you had a life ahead of you; she even thought you were really good at many things.

And she wasn't going to let Eren's harsh words and actions ruin that for you.

Annie noticed the time was 7:23 and realized you still had to get to class, so she yanked you out of your day-dream because she knew you would be embarrassed to show up late and high.

"y/n lets go before shadis kills us"

A/n ~ Fun fact: I've never watched the movie I heard the poem and thought it would be a good fanfic