one girl was making an attempt at braiding his short hair and another girl was climbing up him like a ladder.

a little boy was pretending to fight him like he was an eternal fighting a deviant. making the booming noises with his mouth.

a little girl came over and placed a flower in his hair. he seemed to be enjoying it, but also seemed quite embarrassed which only made you laugh more.

once it was time to go back to the domo, you and druig walked side by side. hands occasionally brushing against each other.

everyone was in the domo except for sersi and ikaris.

and immediately as you entered phastos' lab, your spark that was keeping you social and happy was put out. you were no longer alone with druig and you crawled back into your shelter immediately.

but druig was fine with that.
he sat close to you as you disengaged with conversation and kept quiet, not saying a single word.

his gaze kept on you majority of the time as you watched your fungi farm blossom and thrive while you ate a small bowl of plain white rice.

"y/n, my coffee went cold, can you-" pharos began to ask, but within a millisecond steam started to rise from the coffee once more. "thanks" he smiled as he took a sip and immediately yelped. you lifted your head from your knees and looked over to him.

"ouch woman! you tryna kill me" he said. you formed two ice cubes in your hand and send them over to gently drop into his coffee, cooling it to the perfect temperature. druig smiled as he watched you.

but that smile was wiped off his face when there was a crash outside.

"deviants" thena said in her regular monotone voice as she conjured weapons, heading out of the lab first. you, without hesitation, flew out of the lab and out of the domo.

sure enough, there was a deviant flying in the sky. you took off after it as the others took care of the ones on the ground.

druig watched nervously as you fought the deviants in the sky.

burning them.

freezing them.

exploding them.

melting them from the inside out or using your telekinesis to squish their brains or cut off their air ways.

but there was so many. and they were getting the better off you.
but you didn't give up, you never did. you were a fighter for a reason. because you had strong will.

suddenly, there was another figure flying towards the deviants you were dealing with.

"i got these two, you deal with that one" ikaris nodded before flying off, the other two deviants following him.

you grabbed onto the deviant and it's skin began to turn into wood. branching and growing leaves until it was a tree.

fire grew around your hands before you set the deviant tree on fire.
you flew back to the earth seeing as the floating tree-deviant was the last off the wave.

sprite smirked with and idea and held her hands up. the deviant that was on fire in the sky exploded into hundreds of fire works, lighting up the sky.

"quite impressive, m'lady" druig mumbled in your ear. his breath tickling your neck, sending chills down your spine.

you smiled up at him and have him a nod thankyou.
ajak healed your wounds along with ikaris and thenas wounds.

you were utterly exhausted as everyone was after a fight. the non combat eternals went around the city to make sure there were no casualties and check in on everyone while all the eternals that just fought went inside to rest.

you walked past thenas room and saw her sitting on the edge of her bed. if there was anyone apart from druig that you'd talk to, it was thena. or ikaris.
but you were really fond of thena, she was much like you. quiet, reserved, non social.

"you okay?" you asked as you walked into her room. she looked up at you with a tear in her eye. you grew worried and sat beside her.

"i sometimes feel, doubtful about this mission. i cant explain it" she said as she forced a smile. you put a hand on hers. you couldn't help but to feel like there was more to it. like there's something she's not telling you.

"me too. druig feels the same. and i have a feeling some of the others do as well" you said. she nodded. "but, i trust ajak. i trust that she's not leading us astray. she wouldn't do that" you reassured. more trying to convince yourself.

"you're right. it's just, i don't know. it's nothing" she looked to her lap. gilgamesh walked in, and that was your cue to leave. you gave thena a wink and smiled at gilgamesh before leaving the room.

walking down the hall was druig, he tilted his head in the direction of his room suggestively.
you could do with someone to talk to right now.

you followed him in and admired the black and gold marble room. one of your fungi farms in the wall lighting the dim room up.

druig stood against the wall as the gold lines replaced his suit with some regular clothes. you had already been changed.

(think of the stuff he wore at the amazon, those types of clothes, and y/n is wearing clothes similar to what thena wears, but in scarlet/ crimson colours. bc it is like ancient ancient times so like they aren't trendy guys)

he patted a spot on the bed next to him and you gladly accepted.
you sat next to him and sighed. absolutely exhausted.

"that was pretty intense today" he said. you nodded. he looked down at you intensely.

"those deviants bite hard, did you know" you said as your fingers ran over your arm where a wound once bled.

"so i've been told" he smiled. "what does it feel like to fight up there like you do?" he asked. you looked up at him.

"it's fun. but scary" you said. he frowned and turned his body to you.

"scary?" he asked curiously. you nodded.

"i've fought those things thousands of times and each time is so different. unpredictable. you never know if it's going to be your last time fighting them" you said. he nodded. "what is it like not having to worry about that?" you asked. he licked his lips on search of an answer.

"if i could swap places with you i would. i want to know you're safe. i feel sort of... protective over you. and although you amaze me every time you kill one, i still can't help but worry for you" he said. you turned your body towards him.

his eyes trailed from your eyes to your lips. biting on his bottom lip a little.

"and why's that?" you asked him curiously. he brought a hand up to cup your cheek.

"because, my darling, you drive me mental" he said. you looked so deep into his eyes. searching for the lie, and when you couldn't find it, you closed the gap between your faces.

as your lips made contact, you felt a rush of adrenaline pump through your veins. it felt good.

his lips were soft, smooth, and they fit perfectly against yours like a puzzle piece.

your lips were softer then he could have possibly imagined, and he grew a weak feeling in his stomach as he moved his lips simultaneously against yours.

his tongue grazing your bottom lip asking for access. to which you granted without hesitation.