Karate training and encounters

I slumped slowly down the wall of the miyagi do karate dojo, not necessarily wanting to be there. My dad promised we could hang out after the session and suggested I come along with him, maybe even join in if I wanted to. I definitely won't be that's for sure.

The Arctic monkeys blasted through my ears whilst I sat there flicking through the pages of my book. I read lightly over the words, not being able to concentrate due to the karate going on In front of me. I decided to just put my book down and watch the session. I was concentrated In what they were doing until I heard someone sit down next to me. I took my headphones off my ears and paused my music. I looked over to see who it was and I saw a cute, curly haired boy who looked to be Roughly around my age.

"Hey who are you? He asked with a welcoming smile on his face.
"Oh um Lori Jane Hill! What about you?" I replied quite awkwardly.
"Anthony LaRusso"
"Ah so you're sensei LaRussos son?" I had met sensei LaRusso before when he asked me wether I'd be joining the class or not.
"Mhm the one and only. So you like the Arctic monkeys then?"
I sat there for a minute and wondered on how he knew that. He looked down at my phone screen which displayed 'snap out of it' on my Lock Screen.
"Oh yeah, they're my favourite artist"
"Yeah they're cool"
"What kinda music do you listen to?"
"I'm not sure really, a mix of a lot of songs"
"So what are you doing here? I mean that not in a rude way" he follows up.
" Ah well I've just moved here and sensei Lawrence is my dad and he asked if I could stay here whilst the class is on and we are hanging out after!"
"I never knew Johnny had a daughter!"
"Yeah well it's not like he takes great pride in having one" I laughed nervously. I always manage to mess up a conversation.
"I-I live with my mom and only just moved down here so her fashion photography business could re open somewhere new and to be closer to my dad" I followed up to that, stuttering as I did so.
"Where did you move from?"
"Oh just the east side of the valley."
"Are you starting west valley high next week with me?"
"Oh yeah I am, I'm glad I know someone there before going."
He gave me a sweet smile and I returned it. We heard the class finishing up so we said bye to each other and planned to look out for each other in school. I got in my dads car and we hung out for a couple of hours at the towns ice cream parlour, laughing and talking a lot. He dropped me home and said goodnight. I went up to my room to find some of my things had been set up. I lay on my made bed and thought about the encounter I had with the cute boy before. My thoughts were interrupted by a ping of my phone. I picked it up and read the screen

Unknown number-

Hey! It's Anthony, we met today?

Omg hi Anthony! How'd u get my number?

I asked around :). Want to hang out sometime In the week?

Yes of course! Just text me when your next free.

Ok will do! Goodnight :)

Goodnight Anthony :)

꧁꧂

I closed my phone and held it close to my chest. I can't believe this is actually happening! I really want to get to know him better.

I get changed into my pyjamas and do my nighttime routine. I climb into bed and just think about my hangout with the boy.  

Authors note-
Did you like this chapter? It was kinda boring but better things will happen soon dw ;).
Follow my tikok @w4ttp4ddwr1ter
I post things about this story and update you guys on what's going on!

Outfits-
At the the dojo

Outfits- At the the dojo

Pyjamas