Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Kendall hid her face in my neck, as I turned to face an old woman that gave us a disapproving glare. I smiled politely at her then glanced back towards Kendall who actually looked embarrassed.

"Are you embarrassed," I laughed, while poking her cheek."this is a new discovery for even me."

A scoff left her as she sat up and stared at me."And apparently you still haven't learned how to shut up." She said, voice playful.

I gasped while gripping my t-shirt just where my heart was,"I'm hurt Kendall, I thought you liked my advances when we were younger."

"Yeah I hated that I liked them." She said, while rolling her eyes and glancing out the window again."You're not going to tell me where we're going are you?" She asked.

"Nope."

We fell into a comfortable silence after that, which was good because I liked just having her beside me. I should have admitted it sooner instead of hiding behind Jessica. It was easier to do than just putting all my trust back into the who hurt me. I'm still not sure if will end up like we did three years ago, but I'm willing to try to find out. We just have to fix what we'd gotten ourselves into.

It was easier said than done. I felt like I made her weary again after confessing my love to her. Now I felt like I had to prove that I care about, I never actually stopped caring. Don't think I could even if I wanted too. First loves were almost never permanent, usually they ended in the worst ways.

After a few minutes she leaned back over onto me, her head resting against my shoulder. I smiled when I realized she was probably trying to take a nap.

"We have about two hours till we get there," I told her, as I wrapped my arm securely around her shoulder. She looked up at me with tired eyes filled with curiosity."You can lay your head in my lap. It'll be more comfortable, I'll just wake you when we're there."

She nodded, and yawned once before laying down and shutting her eyes. Was I the reason that she seemed so tired now? Did I drain that much energy from her? It would explain why I was feeling that way most of the time. Either I was thinking about how I was going to fix this, or even if it was fixable. Because it definitely was worth fixing. I ran my fingers through her hair, as I stared down at her, without hesitating I leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

It'd seemed like she drifted off to sleep as soon as she got comfortable. I didn't mind though I wanted her to be rested up for our date.

I watched all the familiar places past bye, ones I've seen countless of times before with boredom. I'd even considered using my phone but decided against it since this was supposed to be our day. The guys would have to just miss me for today, though I do hope that I don't miss anything important.

About an hour later I had nodded off, the sunglasses had slipped off my face a while ago. Though I awoke to the sound of giggling that sounded to close to be someone that wasn't probably standing next to me. I wanted to groan, getting mobbed by fans wasn't apart of the plan. Slowly I peeled my eyes open and came face to face with a little girl. Who looked to he around three or four with dark brown pig tails, freckles dotting her cheeks, and two different colored eyes, one blue and the other brown.