~~~~~~~~~~

"Leah, please!" Emily had rushed forward to take hold of her sleeve, so desperate to speak to the cousin that she used to get along with so well. They were like best friends, sisters, hell and in a weird way mother and daughter, and all that was just thrown away because of some man that she unintentionally fell for, "please talk to me." It hurt so much to see her act like this, a shell of what she originally was, and she knew for a fact that it was all her fault as to why she was acting this way.

"Let go of me." The grip she had was tight, almost ripping the fabric to the point of Leah grasping tightly back onto it, "let me go Emily." She didn't want to talk, at least not right now, why was everyone forcing her to talk so much. All it did was make her look bad at the end of it, turning her into a villain when in reality all she was feeling was hurt and betrayal.

"There's nothing for us to talk about, you did what you did, now I'm doing what I'm doing." She made a move to tug her sweater out of Emily's hold, but the grip was unrelenting. Her nails dig into the fabric, roughing it up a bit.

"We can talk about it, I miss you!" So badly, I miss the talks they used to have, the cries they used to share, and even the laughs they gave each other when one was down in the dumps. She missed all of that, and that was something Sam could never give her no matter how much he wanted to.

The sad thing about it was that Leah missed her too, so badly, but what she did was unforgivable. Emily has cussed her out when she declared that she was dropping out of school to be with Sam, called the very man she was dating now all types of names for, dragging her to the wrong side of the wrong every since she opened her mouth. She hated Sam, but the second they met they were suddenly good? Friends? Good friend? They had hung out without her, chatted without her, even went out together without her. It was almost like it was planned.

"Emily," She didn't know what she was feeling. Who she was truly hurt by the most. Sam? Or Emily? Which one of the two really had hurt her, "let my sweater go." She didn't want her touching the sweater of someone who cared so deeply for her. It truly was concerning that she could even fit it considering Antonio had given it to her a day before he left to his grandparents, but that's what weeks of self neglect would do to you.

"No, I won't! You can't just keep avoiding me and thinking that our problems will just resolve themselves! You have to talk to me, understand that this isn't what I wanted to begin with." She sounded like her damn mother at the moment, bitching about her behavior, and caring about everything and everyone but her, "you eighteen! An adult for crying out loud, yet you refuse to act like one and talk to me!" Oh those tears, the tears were coming and they were staining the collar of the sweater Leah was wearing. She felt like a child being scolded all over again, and for a second she agreed that she was acting childish.

"So what I feel is insignificant? I should just suck up my pain? Forgive and forget just to please you?"

"That's not what I'm trying to say Leah, and you know it."

"But you are." That unwavering grip, angry eyes, and passive aggressiveness that dribbled out her mouth was loud and clear for the girl before her, "do you even hear yourself? You want to talk to me. You want to become friends again, you, you, you! It's all you who want this stuff, not me!" Never had Leah ever come out and said she wanted to mend things. Everything was everyone else's doing! Everyone wanted her to mend things that were completely out of her control, a failure on her part for ever believing what she and Sam had was real. Everyone!

"So you're saying that you don't want to be my friend?" wavering eyes, the sign of helplessness that Leah had seen for the first time within Emily, "you don't want to make things right again?"