Summer camp

"Five, six, seven, eight".

If you ask me why I'm here, I honestly wouldn't fully know the right answer.

"Now push those arms high in the sky".

It's the eighties and I'm new in La and one thing I learned since being here, the people of Los Angeles love aerobics.

"I want you to give it your all" the instructor who's name Tate, is really working us.

"Now down and push, push" I really don't know how these people aren't breaking that much of a sweat, I think I'm marking the floor at this point.

"Great job guys, I will see you on Friday" Tate said at the end of the class.

I picked up my bag, more than ready to go home and to just sleep.

"Hey" I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned to see a brown haired girl who was participating in the aerobics class. "You're not too bad for a beginner, taking Tate's class was your first mistake". She then started walking in front of me.

"How so" I asked walking behind her.

"Tate's class are for the professionals, or the die hard aerobics junkies, you never see a beginner in there" she sat down on one of the couches.

"You're a beginner" Tate sat down on the chair opposite the girl who's name is still unknown to me.

"How do you even know I'm a beginner" she chuckled.

"It's obvious by the face, you were also a second behind everyone" I scrunched up my face.

"I find it shocking how you were able to watch me while keeping up" I complimented.

"Thank you" she extended her hand for me to shake "the names Ariana by the way, yours" she asked.

"Y/n" I shook her hand.

"Well I think you done great in the class" a bleach blonde haired girl joined us at the seating area, plopping herself down on a bean bag. "My names Montana" she stared up at me.

"Y/n" I said somewhat nervously.

"Stop hitting on the fresh meat Montana" the most muscular guy in the class said as he joined.

"Chet" he done exactly what Ariana done.

"Y/n" I shook his hand.

"Oh my god" Tate pointed over to the Tv screen that was hanging on the wall. It had the news playing, it was talking about a woman being murdered.

"That's like the second one this week" Montana stated for us.

"LA is not the place to be right now" Montana stated "sorry newbie" she gave me a sad smile.

"This is disgusting, who would even do that" Chet said angrily.

"Well I don't know about you guys but, I don't plan on being another number on the news board this summer. I am escaping Los Angeles to work on some summer camp, I'll be laying in the sun, drinking and smoking" Tate was quickly cut off by Chet.

"You do realise you have to actually take care of the kids" Tate pulled a disgusted face.

"Well boo you, at least I'm getting away" by the look of his face, it was clear an idea popped into his head "hey, why don't you guys come with. They need more workers, it would be so much fun" he smiled widely saying.

"I'm not sure" Montana said unbothered.

"I agree with Tate, I don't want to be murdered before I become the world's best female in aerobics, I'm in" Ariana smiled proudly.

"I'm with Ariana and Tate on this one" Chet said.

Montana threw back her head "fine, i'll come. I guess it would be nice to not get murdered this summer". They all then casted a look at me.

"How about you Y/n you wanna come" Tate invited me. Which I found to be sort of odd since I had only met these people.

"Relax we don't mean to scare you into making friends it's just" Montana started saying for Ariana to then finish her sentence with.

"You seem cool and it's also nice to have a new face in town, this place can get quite boring" she chuckled "maybe that's why some serial killer is going around, he's probably just bored" she laughed.

"Not funny Ariana" Tate said.

"Here" Ariana grabbed my hand and began writing her number on it "in case you change your mind call me".

"We're leaving tomorrow morning, it's a long drive there" Tate said to which Montana groaned.

"Thanks for the short notice" she got up as did everyone else.

"Nice meeting you Y/n" Chet and Tate both said. Montana gave me a wink.

"She's just a natural flirt" Ariana said as they all left "I wouldn't take it too serious" I chuckled.

"Don't worry I'm not" if I'm being honest, it's Ariana that I'm slightly crushing on.

"Well if you don't come down with us, try to not get killed" she smiled at me before she left.

That night I did think about my decision about going down to the summer camp. I only arrived in Los Angeles, would it be so bad to leave again for just a short period of time. I placed my readymade dinner into my microwave. As the food turned round and round, I casted a glance outside my apartment window.

It is quite scary to think there is a serial killer on the loose, I couldn't help the shiver that went down my spine at the thought. I stared out my window even more when I saw the sight of a strange person waking around. Being new, I've still yet to become familiar with the people that live in this area.

As I looked further at the person, they soon disappeared out of my sight. I let out a slight sigh of relief when all of a sudden I heard Somebody's Watching Me blast from my Tv.

I jumped with fear and slowly opened my kitchen door to revel my living area to see the music video play on my television screen. Walking over I turned it off.

"Must be a loose wire" I said still facing my television. I turned back around to see a person standing in my kitchen. When I jumped back, I then saw that there was no one there.

"I'm getting paranoid" I said to myself as I picked up my phone to call Ariana.

"Hey stranger" she answered.

"How did you know it was me" I laughed.

"Just my instincts".

"Well I would love to join you guys for the summer if you'd still have me" she chuckled.

"Of course we still want you to come, have your bags packed".

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think of this imagine, could it become a potential story or not???