the gods and goddesses all looked at his excitement.

"what is it?" kingo asked.

"they are cuddling" phastos spoke aloud but whispered the word cuddling. the room burst into excitement.

"i knew it!" kingo said.

"ugh they are so in love it hurts" sprite jumped around in happiness.

"grow up" ajak scoffed at the groups childishness.

"we cannot have them know that we know" phastos decided and everyone agreed.

-•-

a few days had passed.
you and druig hadn't spoken since that moment. however he stuck close to her just to keep an eye on her.
she was completely oblivious to his stalking but the others weren't.
they noticed every single time.

ajak was meeting with arishem.
the world around her melted into space.

"ajak" arishem spoke.

"arishem" she bowed her head. "we continue to keep babylon safe from the deviants. more people have come to seek refuge. it is now the largest city on earth" she explained.

"the eternals serving their missions across the galaxies will learn from your success" arishem replied.

"thankyou. i respect your grand design, arishem. but i have noticed that these deviants are getting powerful. we almost lost y/n. and i fear that maybe next time the cost may be more" ajak spoke.

"do not become attached to your fellow eternals. it is a dangerous fight and some will be lost along the way. but you must focus on the true purpose of your mission" arishem cut her off.

ajak was already attached to the eternals, as a motherly instinct.
she cared deeply for y/n in particular.

"i understand. i will not let you down" was all ajak could say. feeling lost and sad.

she didn't like lying to her leader. but it was what she had to do.

some day, y/n will lead the eternals and she knew it. everyone did.

she was powerful beyond measure. and the fact that she almost died to one singular deviant said a lot.
these creatures were becoming too much.

the world reappeared around ajak and she walked back into the domo.
making her way swiftly to phastos' lab where everyone typically was.

y/n was sat on the window sill of one of her fungi farms that she had created around the domo. she sat with her knees tucked up to her chest watching the fungi as it swayed and danced.

druig sat opposite her on the other side of the windowsill, nibbling on some bread as he watched you intently.

"phastos, did you go to the party last night like i told you to?" ajak questioned him as she walked in.

"psh the party? yeah it was..." phastos began.

"he worked all night" druig snitched. phastos turned around.

"who was talking to you?" phastos asked, druig laughed mischievously, causing you to smile a little.

"get a life. and where is sersi?" ajak asked.

"late as usual" sprite rolled her eyes. druig stood up and walked away from you to the food table. you were focused on ajak, however.

"im sorry but i have something very exciting to show you, okay? wait till you see this" phastos said as he dragged sersi over to his newest design.

fighting eternals were usually dismissed when the non-combat eternals were in a meeting. however, due to ajaks kindness, and druig's begging. you were allowed to stay.
you never spoke, so you weren't an inconvenience. and you usually never listened anyway.

druig had returned with a bread roll for you. he offered you the bread roll and you gladly accepted with a smile. he smiled back and sat a little closer to you.

"what is it?" ajak asked.

"it's an engine. it moves steam from high pressure to low pressure. uh, it'll help them till their farms at an incredibly fast rate" phastos said as he showed off his new toy.

"it's gonna freak them out" sprite shrugged.

"i mean, they only have had the wheel, 1,000 years, so..." druig said, letting his sentence linger.

"you know, we could do that thing, you know, where you use your mind to control them and then they could do it quicker" phastos suggested. druig raised his eyebrows and stood up.

"ajak, you listening to this?" druig looked to the woman.

"phastos, this steam..." ajak almost questioned.

"engine" phastos corrected her.

"it's too soon" ajak pointed and pouted.

at this point, sersi returned out of breath.

"what did i miss?" she asked with an innocent smile.

"nothing, just the screams of my deep disappointment" phastos sighed as he walked away from the design.

"i sure you have something simpler" ajak suggested.

"simple? okay let's see, uh..." phastos waved his hands around and reconstructed the hologram. "ladies and gentlemen, i present to you the plow... cause that's what it does. it plows dirt" phastos deadpanned unamused.

"so, you essentially created y/n in the form of an inanimate objects?" sprite shrugged. she was right. both of phastos' designs do exactly what you do.

"i met a group of settlers who are building their homes in the northern fields. they'll need to plant their own crops and y/n won't always be around to do it for them" sersi shrugged.

"thanks sersi" phastos sighed. druig made eye contact with you for a second. he gave you a nudge and a smirk grew on both your faces.

"listen. humanity may be coming along slower than some of us want. but there is no telling what wonders they will discover as they advance" ajak said as she looked up at the plow design.

A/N:
i know y/n not talking much might be annoying but trust the process it's necessary for the plot.