The worry flashes through your mind but you can't get over the warm flush across your chest as you watch Lucas laugh and beg for release. Moments like these always made you feel a little better but this time, you really needed him around.

"your powers are solely based on emotion, sixteen"

Papa's grating voice slurs in memory as your laugh slowly dies down to a loving gaze. In every single way, he was right. It's painful to realize but, it was true. The fatigue after going into Eleven's consciousness and the sudden nosebleeds since the mall ordeal with Lucas and Mike had proved it even further.

In the back of your mind, you wonder if the boy in front of you had more power over you than he thought...

"Don't do that again, unless you want me to pee your bed" he gently throws you off of his figure, still catching his breath as you roll your eyes and punch his bicep, quietly laying back against the pillows "As you'd test my dad like that" — you smirk.

The sudden increase in his heart rate makes you laugh, picking at your nails with the light from the moon "Stop using your scary sad as leverage, Six" he swivels and gawks at you.

Shrugging, you tease him further "He's a loose cannon sometimes"

The two share a playful stare down as Lucas increasingly squints, trying to see the deception within your eyes.

"Uhuh"
"Uhuh" you mock, pinching his cheek and turning to your side, seemingly preparing for sleep before whatever was to come with the next day.

A warm smile spread over your face at the feeling of Lucas wrapping the two of you in your hideous and heavy Lion printed fleece, momentarily leaning over to see the dorkish smile across your lips.

"Goodnight, jerk" he playfully scoffs and turns the other way, his chest fluttering as your soft laugh rips through the still bedroom.

"You too babe"

────────────────────────

THE NEXT MORNING

"Thank you again, Lucas. I really needed you here with me" he blissfully smiles and bumps his shoulder into yours "Anytime Y/N"

The pair was standing on the sidewalk, preparing to depart for the day now that Six was able to enjoy their day without such bad visions of Heather echoing throughout their mind. Turns out, all they needed was a little babying by their boyfriend to get them back on their feet.

From the house, Marlen smokes a cigarette, watching you smash your boyfriend in a bone-crushing hug as your jeweled fingers scrape over the anatomical heart stitched in the back of his new red jacket.

Luckily, Lucas had finally reached a new level of likeliness with Marlen, reaching a point where your father was willing to sew him a jacket just like the old varsity jacket that he'd gifted you when you first came back home with files of your abduction.

"See you soon" he pinches your cheek, making a blush bloom across your cheeks before he turned to your dad. He raises his arm and cooly waves to your father, a bright smile is etched across his features when he calls "Bye Mr. Crane!"

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 - 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘢𝘴 𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘳 On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara