CHAPTER TWO.3

CHAPTER 2
────────────────────────
THE MALL RATS

sorry for being so late! I started a new project so it took some time away. its 5 AM so beware of mistakes, i will eventually fix it though :)

here you goooo

                    You trail behind Eleven as the two of you made your way to Max's house to vent about Mike's irregular behavior. At 3 PM today, Eleven would sneak out of the cabin to scare the life out of your dad as she invited herself into your house.

Apparently, Mike was being weird and supposedly lied about his coordinates for whatever unknown reason. It was hard for you to come up with a reason or a solution since you'd never experienced deception within your relationship with Lucas, not yet at least.

You told her: "Maybe he's on his boy period"
"Boy period?" she repeats, looking at you as if you were a freshly born mutant.

"Yea... most boys are moody around this age and we're supposed to stay clear..." you trail off as Eleven merely bites the inside of her cheek.

"Well, it's what my dad says"

Just as you find Max, she nearly falls off of her skateboard that flies from underneath her feet after failing an attempt at a kickflip, causing you to wince as the board skidded to Eleven. Being her casually cool self, she steps on the end of the board to catch it in her grip before handing it to you.

"W- are we stealing this?" she dismisses your wide eyes as you follow her to approach Max. The ginger stares in confusion at the sight of Eleven more than she does at you. To Max, Eleven was wary of her presence and barely acknowledged her. Maybe it was because of the old thing with Mike but, it no longer mattered.

She at the very least had you to have fun with. Now, you can't say that you have sleepovers too often but she's definitely met your father a couple of times due to your request of helping you and your dad understand gingers. It was weird, but she enjoyed weird.

"Hi" Eleven monotoned
"Hey, red" Six hands Max her board whilst lifting a high five that she reciprocates. Her hand lingers in the air for a little longer before she sets the board back on the pavement.

"Hey... guys?"
Eleven nervously smooths down her clothes before turning to you for some type of help. "She— she wants to talk. About boy stuff" you make a dramatic vomit expression that Max smirks at.

              "Mike's being a loser" you whisper.

Unlike her usual self, Eleven doesn't defend Mike's actions for the first time ever before turning back to Max who slowly raises an eyebrow before nodding at the odd pair in front of her.

"Alright..."

────────────────────────

Instead of staying to vent at Max's house, you take the pair to your place to avoid clashing with her stepbrother, Billy.

Of course, Lucas told you about Max's psycho stepbrother that nearly killed steve in a fit of rage in Will's house after you and Eleven had left. In your mind, he was awfully aggressive and possessive which left no room for even as much as a try in your mind. No day and no way will you ever even begin to pretend to like Billy.