𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, he looked pretty breath taken when he saw you" Lina said with a small nudge of her hip into Mary's.

"Big Red also looked breath taken" Mary pointed out. "I'm just that hot"

"True you are"

When the two got tired they headed towards Ashlyn and Carlos—who looked pretty bummed out. "He'll, come, maybe he's stuck in traffic"

"Who's stuck in traffic?" Lina asked as the two sat down, Lina next to Carlos, and Mary next to Gina.

"Seb, he's not here yet" Carlos said sadly.

"You asked Seb to the dance?" Mary asked. "Carlos! That's awesome!" Mary said happily with a smile.

"Yeah, it would be if he actually showed up" Carlos mumbled out.

"Maybe Ashlyn's right, maybe he's just stuck in traffic" Mary said, hoping it would make him feel better.

"We live in Salt Lake City, there hasn't been traffic since the 2002 Winter Olympics" Carlos pointed out.

"Don't assume Seb stood you up, maybe he was just in a farming accident" Lina said and the three looked at her weirdly. "What? You never know what happens on a farm"

"Not helping sweetie" Mary said as she rubbed a hand on her shoulder.

"Could you get me some punch babe?" Gina asked, which caught the attention of the table.

"Sure babe" E.J said awkwardly as he got up from the table to get her punch. 

Ricky saw this as his opportunity to confront her. "Hey, not to intrude on date night, but you can do better than E.J, that guys bad news"

"Ricky" Mary warned, but he ignored her, but Gina didn't.

"No it's okay Mary" Gina assured and then looked at Ricky. "You're not exactly one to give relationship advice and when I want your opinion I'll ask"

"Well, I'm giving it anyways cause I sorta thought you were classier than this" Ricky said and Mary knew what was about to happen. "But hey, maybe you are what people say you are"

"And that is?" Gina asked.

"Ricky don't" Mary warned one last time.

"Just a little too ambitious for your own good, or anyone else's" Ricky called out and the whole table was in shock.

Mary and Big Ted looked at each other before he put his head in his hands in disappointment. Gina then got up from the table to walk off.

"Ricky what the fuck" Mary said through her teeth.

"What? I said the truth" Ricky defended himself, but Mary rolled her eyes.

"Maybe you should think before you speak, so you won't be so stupid"

"Says the one who begged me to fuck her dumb last summer" Ricky said before he could even think. And when he processed what he said, he felt instant regret. Mary looked at him with wide eyes and she felt her heart drop. "Shit, Mary"