Chapter V. Afterwards?!

Start from the beginning

》》》》《《《《

Narrator POV

All of the Northerners are busy building defences in preparation for the army of the dead as Tyrion walks past. Jaime approaches him.

Tyrion says "Well, here we are."

"Yes, here we are."

"Together again" A man standing above them clears his throat and then spits on the floor beside them "And the masses rejoice."

Jaime asks "How do they feel about their new queen?"

"She's your new queen too" They start walking together "They remember what happened the last time Targaryens brought dragons north. They'll come around once they see Daenerys is different"

"And she is? Different?"

"She is."

"You're sure about her?"

"I am."

"She didn't seem sure about you."

"It's hard to blame her. I made a mistake common to clever people. I underestimated my opponents."

Jaime nods "Hmm."

"Cersei told me the pregnancy had changed her. A chance for you both to start again. And I believed her" They stop walking and Tyrion turns to look up at Jaime "Was she lying about the baby too?"

"No, that part is real" Tyrion thinks to himself and they both start walking again "She's always been good at using the truth to tell lies. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. She's fooled me more than anybody."

They start to walk up a staircase and Tyrion turns to look at Jaime

Jaime asks "What?"

"She never fooled you. You always knew exactly what she was, and you loved her anyway."

Tyrion walks ahead as Jaime remains in the same spot. After a couple seconds, he follows. They both walk along the walls of the castle looking over the courtyard.

Tyrion says "So we're going to die at Winterfell. Not the death I would've chosen. I always pictured myself dying in my own bed, the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and__"

Both say "A girl's mouth around__"

Jaime says "Your cock."

"My cock." Tyrion smiles up at Jaime "At least Cersei won't get to murder me. I'm sure I'll feel some satisfaction denying her that pleasure while I'm being ripped apart by dead men" Jaime notices something whilst Tyrion continues to talk and walks off "Maybe after I'm dead I'll march down to King's Landing and rip her apart."

Tyrion glances up where Jaime was and notices he is gone, he looks behind to see Jaime looking over the wall.