Chapter 1: meet baby Tanjiro

Start from the beginning

I looked at the doorway to see the weaker half of upper six. I glared at her but I don't think she noticed. "Daki!" I heard the other half of upper six say, as he got to his sister.

Rui handed me one of the pacifiers. "Thank you Rui." I thanked Rui, then placed the pacifier into Tanjiro's mouth, causing Tanjiro to calm down.

"I'm so sorry about Daki, master. She ran off before I could stop her." Gyutaro apologized. "But oni-chan. The baby." Daki whined. "You caused him to cry and, Gyutaro, control your sister more." I told them. "Yes master." Gyutaro told me. "Can I please see the baby?" Daki whined again, annoying me even more

"As long as you are quiet." I said. Daki got excited and walked over. She was bouncing with excitement. Which annoyed me but she should get out soon. She looked down at Tanjiro and Tanjiro looked up at her. Gyutaro walked over to see Tanjiro. Tanjiro waved at them and started to kick a bit in happiness.

"Aw. He is so cute." Daki said. "He isn't crying at my appearance?" Gyutaro said, confused. "He is so adorable." Daki said, bouncing. "Ok, now you have seen him, now leave, he will be introduced to all the uppermoons tomorrow." I said, while settling Tanjiro into his crib then got them out of the room.

The next day

Rui's POV

Oto-san just finished sending the other lowermoons away. Only the uppermoons know that Muzan is my dad which is why he didn't say my name to them. But none of that is important. What is important is that it's time for the uppermoons to meet my otouto.

I really wish there was a warning before Nakime transports us. It always makes me dizzy.

Oto-san is standing on the higher platform the uppermoons and I kneel. I honestly don't know why we are supposed to kneel since the only ones he doesn't like are Daki, Douma, Gyokko, and Hantengu.

"Hello master, what is the reason for this meeting?" Koku asked. I don't understand how he is the only one, other than me, who can question dad and not die.

"I am introducing all of you to my second son, who I mentioned yesterday." Oto-san said. "BABY!" Daki yelled. After Daki screamed I looked to where she was and saw Nakime holding Tanjiro.

Oto-san gave Gyutaro a stern look that I would've been scared of if he wasn't my dad.

Gyutaro grabbed his sister and made her sit down. This caused her to pour. I swear she needs some discipline. I mean come on, I am younger than her, and I'm better behaved then her.

Oto-san took Tanjiro from Nakime, which caused him to giggle and reach for Oto-san. "Aw." Douma and Daki said with stars in their eyes.

Is everyone sure that those two aren't related? I mean, I know that Douma found and saved Daki and Gyutaro but they are way too similar.

"Everyone is going to come up one by one and hold Tanjiro to see if he likes you. Those he likes will help take care of him when I'm busy." Dad said. Douma and Daki are obviously excited but the others are hard to read. I think Akaza is happy but, Koku, I have no idea how he feels.

"Line up in order of rank." Dad said. Everyone got in line, uppermoon one to me, lowermoon five. So I used a spider to see what's happening.

Oto-san handed Tanjiro to Koku. Koku looked down at Tanjiro as Tanjiro looked up to him. Tanjiro looked a bit confused. I'm guessing about Koku have six eyes. Then he started making happy baby noises and reaching for Koku.

Koku brought Tanjiro up to his face and... I need to get my eyes checked. Koku smiled, causing Tanjiro to clap and giggle.

Oto-san took Tanjiro back. "Seems like he likes you." Dad said to Koku. He handed Tanjiro to Douma. I feel like something bad is gonna happen.

Douma smiled at Tanjiro but Tanjiro was looking at his hair. Tanjiro grabbed Douma's hair, and pulled it before putting it into his mouth.

Douma started panicking while me and everyone else except Nakime bursted out into laughter.

"No no. My hair." Douma said as he tried in vain to take his hair out of both Tanjiro's mouth and hands. "How does a human baby have such a strong grip?" Douma complained.

I swear that Tanjiro was glaring at Douma. "Akaza, help me." Douma whined. Akaza stopped laughing and went to help Douma. After this, I'm putting some of my spiders in those two.

Akaza took Tanjiro from Douma. Tanjiro stopped glaring at Douma and started at Akaza confused. Akaza gently used his free hand to open Tanjiro's hand. Then he started trying to get the hair out of his mouth. It seemed like Akaza was having a hard time getting the hair out of Tanjiro's mouth, so he tickled Tanjiro under his chin and on his belly.

Tanjiro started laughing, causing Douma's hair to fall right out. "My hair." Douma pouted. Tanjiro looked at Douma and stuck his tongue out at him. Douma pouted even more.

Tanjiro grabbed Akaza's vest and snuggled into him.

"Oh come on." Douma complained. Oto-san took Tanjiro back. "He likes Akaza and finds Douma tasty." Oto-san said, causing a few of us to chuckle.

Oto-san tried to hand Tanjiro to Hantengu but Tanjiro held onto Oto-san and even started crying a bit. "Ok, not Hantengu." Oto-san said. To be honest, I agree with him on not liking Hantengu.

Tanjiro only had to see Gyokko to cry out in horror. Gyokko and Hantengu both left. Once they were out of sight Tanjiro stopped crying.

Seriously, what child wouldn't be scared of him? That just proves how hideous he is.

"I already know he likes you two." Oto-san said, then gave Tanjiro to me. "I'm gonna be the best big brother and protect him.