𝟯𝟰

***

Will and Jonathan left the kitchen quickly and went out to where y/n was sitting with Mike and Argyle and El who had joined them.

"It's time." Jonathan said, looking at El.

They all quickly and silently made their way into the kitchen where El took off her socks and shoes and climbed into the freezer.

Y/n handed El the glasses she made and El put them on before laying down in the water.

After a few seconds the lights started flickering and the strong buzzing of the electricity was heard.

"Wild." Argyle said, amusedly.

"I found them." El said, meaning she had found Max. She must have been with Lucas "They're carrying a light. A blue light."

El didn't say anything for another few minutes making y/n ask. "El? What's going on? Is everything okay?"

"It's not working." El said, worriedly.

"What? What's not working?" Will asked.

"Max's plan." El answered.

El didn't say anything for even longer now. The lights continued flickering and y/n bounced her leg anxiously as she waited.

"He has her." El said, meaning Vecna has cursed Max again. Y/n shared a worried look with Mike who then held onto her hand for comfort.

The lights were flickering quicker then ever as the uncomfortable sound of the electricity faltering filled y/n's ears once more.

"What's happening now?" Mike asked El.

"I think I am in a memory." El replied. "A Max memory."

"Do you see her? Do you see Max?" Will asked.

"No. But she's here." El said. "She has to be here."

"Max! Max!" El yelled after a few minutes. It was mumbling so she was talking in the memory.

"I found her." El said straight after. "But she's young. She can't see me. Can't hear me."

"Do you see anything weird?" Y/n asked. "Any sign of Vecna? Or the Mind Flayer?"

"No, everything is normal." El replied. "Wait...there is something that doesn't fit. I think it is another memory."

"A memory within a memory?" Argyle questioned. They all ignored him.

It had been the longest time now since El has spoken. Y/n wanted to know what was going on but of course didn't want to distract El.

She just hoped both El and Max were okay and we're going to be okay.

El started squirming uncomfortably and breathing heavily as the electricity went wild. Blood also started to leak from her nose.

Y/n felt like she knew what was going on. "Is she...?" She started.

"She's fighting him." Mike finished for her.