El dropped the collar and walked over to him. Y/n could not hear what they were saying but a few minutes later El stood up and walked away from him with a blank expression on her face and left him to die.

They all piled in the van, Mike closing the door then got the heck out of there.

"Hawkins. We need to get to Hawkins." El said frantically.

"Don't worry we will." Y/n said reassuringly.

"We need to get somewhere safe first, cause we're gonna get followed." Mike said.

"No, Mike, we need to get to Hawkins tonight." El argued and y/n could hear the panic in her voice.

"We'll never make it. That's over 2,000 miles." Jonathan said from the drivers seat.

"We need to find a way." El said, sternly. "If we don't, they are going to die."

"Who's gonna die?" Y/n asked in a scared tone.

El turned to her with a worried look on her face and didn't say anything.

"El, who's gonna die?" Will repeated y/n's question in a panicky tone.

***

Everyone in Hawkins was in danger. Especially everyone they knew and loved. Especially Max. They had to get there as soon as possible. Max was gonna die if they didn't.

They were parked at a gas station, not actually getting gas though.

Jonathan was calling many airlines to see if they could get on the next flight to Hawkins. No luck so far.

Y/n and El were in the bathroom and y/n was helping El clean the blood and dirt off her face.

"Now that's better." Y/n said as she throw the last of the paper towel she used in the bin.

El turned to look in the mirror, examining her own face for a moment before frowning at her appearance.

"What's wrong?" Y/n asked.

El didn't say anything except feel the top of her head, feeling her now short hair. She liked having her hair long and now it's gone.

"Don't worry about it." Y/n said, catching on. "You look great either way."

"Still pretty?" El questioned.

"Of course." Y/n smiled. The whole situation gave both the girls Deja vu.

(A:N see chapter 07)

The girls soon went back outside and joined the boys where Jonathan was still speaking on the phone.

"No, no. Like I said, I've tried everyone." He was saying "Yeah, TWA, Pan Am, Eastern. No it doesn't have to be one-way.  I'll take one seat, if you have it. I mean, please, there has to be something that you can do. One of your family members is really, really sick, and I don't know if she's gonna make it through the night."

Jonathan went on and El started walking away from the group. Y/n groaned and leant up against the wall as she was frustrated Jonathan wasn't making any progress.

"Damn it!" He yelled and slammed the phone back on the teller.

"What did they say?" Will asked but he already knew the answer.