☆ GOODBYE | ☆

Start from the beginning

They maintain eye contact. Bruce smiles warmly and Y/n waves with a smile. He lifts his hand in the air to wave back before turning back around. He sways his bat in the air, feeling more ready.

Bruce focused, he thought about Y/n. Her angelic face, she makes him like he could reach to the stars and above.

*SMACK*
Bruce hit the baseball.
Bruce smiles before he remembers to run.
"Yes! Go Bruce!" Y/n beamed.

Bruce pursed his lips trying to contain his smile as he ran. Home run, he won the game.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
The game ended and everyone started leaving. The players said good game's to each other. Finney skipped the line, feeling upset about the game.
"Hey, dude." Bruce called out.
"Man, your arm is mint."

He points at him and smile's, "You almost had me."
Finney smiled back, "Good game."
"Good game."

Bruce walked away and went to retrieve his bag. Then, he saw Y/n. He couldn't help but curl his lips into a smile. "You did good out there, Bruce."
"Thanks." He says, still smiling.
"You're mom said she's got something prepared for you. But she wants it to be a surprise."

Bruce rolled his eyes and smiled amusingly, "She always throw me a "surprise" dinner when I win games."

"Well, either way she wants you to come home by yourself. And I also have some news."
"I'll meet you guys there. Can't wait for the news."

Y/n plants a small kiss on his cheek. Bruce blushes, his bones feel like melting. His heart warms up, cozily.

Y/n doesn't love him romantically, but she still loves him nonetheless.
"Bye, Bruce."
"Goodbye, Y/n."

She finally walks away.
She'll wish she never did.
⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯

(BRUCE'S POV)
The sun beams, it glows as I ride on my bike. North Denver has never looked more beautiful. I feel like I could soar in this moment.

There's a mail man doing his job, he wave's at me. I wave back, for a second I thought he was my dad. I can't wait to see my dad now that I think of it. My mom too, she deserves the world.

Two girls cross the street, "Hi, Bruce." They both say. I nod my head at them and smile. They're pretty, but I have a even prettier girl waiting for me at home, Y/n. I think Y/n may love me too. A breeze of peacefulness entered my body when she kissed me.

Speaking of girls, I can't wait to see Amy. My sister is my favorite girl. I'd do anything to protect her.

All of a sudden, a explosive pop comes from the distance. I turn my head back, It's one of Finney's rockets! It went up so high, that's sick. I chuckle to myself, that was so awesome.

SKIP TO SHAME BY MITSKI NOW:

Everything feels normal for a few more seconds, but all of a sudden, I feel something shift. I turn my head back forward. Something in the air changes, I can't tell what it is. I'm concerned, because it feels so wrong. I feel like someone's watching me.

I make my way down the street. A black van appears as my smile fades.

The hairs on the back of my neck lift up. Chills slide down my spine. My arms get goosebumps. Something about that van is wrong. So very wrong.

I try to get a good look at it. Where have I heard something about a van? My gut tells me to turn away, but I feel too frozen in the moment.

A sinister, chilling, evil feeling fills the air. I feel uneasy almost. I don't feel like I can soar anymore, but like I'm sinking. And the water is cold, so cold.

In a turn of events I'm off my bike. Wait, when did I get off my bike? I'm on the ground but I feel stuck. Someone's after me. They're creeping behind my back.

RUN.
BRUCE.
RUN.

I try my best to move, but I can barely walk. And when I do, I walk clumsily.
I keep walking to escape-
*BAM!*

I bump into a metal van door. I step back, someone's arm grasps my neck. It's sharp, too sharp. I can't breathe, I'm sinking in deep water. I try to swim to the surface but I can't fight off his arm. I try to grasp his arm off, it's helpless. My body move's but I'm not moving away from him.

I hear a hiss before I can even feel the spray on my eyes. It stings, it burns. I squeeze my eyes shut but it doesn't help. Nothing is helping, how did I get here?

When I close my eyes, all I can see is my life. Amy, my little sister. My Dad, the one who got me into baseball. My mother, my biggest supporter. Y/n, the girl who always understood me.

I see myself playing baseball when I was young. I see myself in school with the rest of my peers. I see myself getting my first baseball win in elementary.
My eyes start burning more and I come back to the darkness.

It's so empty. I cant see. I feel balloons push against me. I'm lost in the balloons. I'm tangled in them, trapped. Where's the surface of the water? I can't find it. I feel my body slowly fade away from my consciousness. The wave washes over me, I'm drowning. Is this how it ends?