THE END OF THE F...ING WORLD

Start from the beginning

While, to most, it may seem objectively trivial, to Athena, the belief of any part of her existence being desired, let alone untouchable, was completely unfounded, and even humorous. The immense pressure placed upon her to remain her absolute best—academically, socially, and even emotionally—somehow formed itself into a shovel that eternally dug an increasingly larger hole in her being, which accumulated into an unshakable need to overachieve.

To Athena, her best wasn't good enough. Perhaps it was because of her mother's unrealistic expectations of her. Possibly, it was her own rigid and unattainable standards that she placed on herself, which pressured her to go above and beyond in most tasks.

If she overthought her failures and misfortunes for too long, her brain would wonder, and self-doubt would begin to creep in, agonisingly and violently twisting her mind into an endless labyrinth of harrowing thoughts; all of which quite impossible to fully erase, chipping at the very essence of her soul until there would be nothing left but an empty shell.

At least that's what it felt like to her. Whatever the cause, Athena was trapped. Trapped in a tedious town with tedious people, unable to fully break free from its uninspiring walls.

Until Will Byers went missing on November 6th, 1983.

All at once, The Pierce sister's lives changed for the worst. Even Athena couldn't prepare for the unexpected course of events that turned the small town of Hawkins, Indiana upside down.

Instead of undergoing normal childhoods, Mabel and her friends were forced to adapt their lives, and protect a girl with a number for a name, who, surprisingly, had superpowers—something nobody thought existed.

Athena certainly didn't expect Steve Harrington to worm his way into her heart, let alone her life. Steve Harrington, to her, was utterly insufferable. She hated him with a passion, and he hated her with a passion. Their mutual dislike for each other essentially maintained their equilibrium at Hawkins High—she didn't talk to him, and he didn't talk to her. Their perfect rhythm was never interrupted, until the unthinkable happened—Athena was ordered to tutor him by the school's principal, their forced proximity almost immediately becoming unavoidable.

While Athena must simultaneously juggle the responsibilities of tutoring Steve—without murdering him in the process—and looking after her sister, Mabel must fast-forward her adolescence in the wake of danger, thus resulting in the Pierce sisters learning how to deal with the sudden presence, and consequences, of the supernatural horrors that plagued their lives, hopefully without losing their minds in the process.

____

PLAYLISTS.
___________________

—athena's mixtape!
( for all seasons — 1983 - 1986 )

—athena's mixtape!( for all seasons — 1983 - 1986 )