The Girl

A/N: Hello there my fellow resident evil fans, this is my first attempt at a resident evil fanfiction so please leave a review to tell me what y'all think. I appreciate it.

Helena and Leon walked through the doors of the D.S.O headquarters after a particularly rough assignment. They had been in Hungary trying to track down the head of the latest pharmaceutical company without much success.

"God that was horrible. I think I could sleep for days honestly." Helena says, remembering the last time she had been on a mission this rough was in Tall Oaks and China tracking down Simmons.

"Yeah, you're telling me. Think we can go get cleaned up before reporting to Hunnigan?" Leon asks, running a hand through his blonde hair.

Helena chuckled, "unfortunately I think she wants to see us right away. She gets angry if we don't report in a timely manner."

Leon nodded, knowing that his partner was right. Hunnigan always did get anal if she didn't hear from them as soon as they returned from an assignment to brief her. The two started walking towards Hunnigan's office, stopping when they saw Chris emerge.

"Chris? What are you doing here?" Leon asks as the two approached. It was rare for any of the BSAA, especially Chris, to stop by HQ unless it was an urgent matter that needed to be addressed.

"We just ran into a problem on our mission and thought that the D.S.O should handle it for the most part. Hunnigan will explain more about it." The older man tells them, not saying anything more as he maneuvered around them and disappeared down the hall.

Helena and Leon looked at each other, brown eyes meeting blue, finding Chris's behavior unusual. Chris usually didn't mind sharing details of his missions with them since they were friends, unless it was super top secret.

"That was weird. Think Jill's okay?" She asks, assuming the worst since Chris and Jill usually attended missions together.

Leon shrugged, "here's hoping."

Helena nodded as the two entered Hunnigan's office. Hunnigan had been typing up another mission briefing when they entered, making her quickly close the file that was on her desk that Chris had just dropped off.

"Hey Ingrid, do you know why Chris is acting weird?"

Hunnigan sighed, "I have a new assignment for you both." She starts, printing out the mission briefing.

"Wow, already?"

"Yes, I'll show you but let's head to the infirmary."

Helena and Leon looked at each other in confusion. Why would Hunnigan be bringing them to the infirmary? Neither of them was particularly injured except for some minor scrapes and bruises. Why was Chris acting so strange? What was going on? Hunnigan walked ahead of them down the hall, nodding at other agents that walked by.

"Redfield and Valentine were infiltrating a research facility called C.A.T Co," she starts, looking at Leon.

"Why is it called C.A.T Co? What does the C.A.T stand for?"

Hunnigan brushed the question off, "what do you remember about the Raccoon City incident? When it got destroyed?" She asks as she looked over at Leon again.

Leon rubbed the back of his neck, "everything for the most part. They nuked the city to destroy the T-Virus and contain it. Why do you ask?"

"Because someone escaped with some of the T-Virus and the G-Virus. They've been experimenting on people and trying to combine the two."

"What the hell?"

Hunnigan nodded as they walked through the doors to the infirmary.

"So why are we here?"

Hunnigan stopped outside a curtained off area where two agents were standing keeping guard. Hunnigan pulled the blue curtain to the side just enough for Helena and Leon to poke their heads in.

Laying in the bed, unconscious, was a young girl who looked to be no older than twelve. She looked as white as a ghost, the clothes she was wearing too big on her underweight frame. Her dark hair with magenta highlights cascaded over her face as she slept.

"What the hell?" Helena muttered, wondering who could do this to a child.

"Redfield and Valentine found her. She's been unconscious for two days, given enough sedatives to knock out a horse."

"To knock out a horse? Shouldn't she be dead?"

Hunnigan looked at them, "that's where things get tricky. C.A.T Co was trying to experiment on many people, trying to come up with the ultimate...virus in a sense. Everyone has been found to have died, their bodies not able to handle both viruses in their system. Except her. She has survived every single trial according to a file Redfield and Valentine found on her. She has not turned or shown any symptoms of turning."

"Okay...and what are me and Helena supposed to do?"

Hunnigan handed each of them their mission briefing.

"You're her parents."

A/N: Let me know what y'all think! Please review! Unfortunately, I do not own any of the resident evil characters.