Chapter 1- Meeting Leah

Saturday afternoon, I left the store after buying some food for Lunch. All of a sudden, a bald man from a local orphanage for girls starting to ask people if they wanted to take care of one of his orphans. I watched and ate my Lunch as he was rejected by about 50 or 60 different people. That really shows you how nice society is. Not willing to give a poor orphan girl a home. That just made me really upset. I don't really care if it's because of the way she acts or something like that. It's just really mean. I mean, I understand if you don't have the money. But if you do, it's just mean. Every time the man got rejected. He began to look sad. He would try to ask another person and they would say no. I've seen this man do you this every Saturday I was in this part of the city.

The man began to walk up to me and I knew whhat was coming.

“Excuse me young man, what's your name?", he asked.

"Locket.", I replied to the man.

“I bet you've noticed I've been trying to get people to take care of a girl from my orphanage. Could you take care of her?", he asked me.

"I don't know. Who is she?", I asked him as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Her name is Leah. She's just an angel.", he handed me a piece of paper about her. I read it. The man continued to talk. "She's 14  years old and her birthday is in 2 months. Her interests are hugging people and cuddling with Teddy Bears. She cries about small things though. She's had a history of being bullied and being abused by members of her family. She doesn't know how to take baths by herself. She never learned. She likes it when someone bathes her. She doesn't like sleeping by herself. But a good thing about her is that she loves to see people smiling and she makes the cutest faces. She likes to stick around people and always be next to them. She also likes piggy-back rides. She does have a good education. At my orphanage she has learned alot. I would just hate to see her not have a family or someone to take care of her. She's an angel and she always behaves. It would be bittersweet to see her go. But I know it would be best for her. Would you like to take care of Leah?"

"Uh, it wouldn't hurt if I tried it. Sure.", I nodded my head.

The man smiled and brought me to the orphanage. He brought me to a small room where I would have to wait for Leah. I remebered reading that she was very shy when she first meets somebody. I didn't see a picture of her. But I didn't need to. By her description, she was adorable. After about 5 minutes of waiting, the man walked into the room with a girl hiding behind him and walking behind him as she hugged him.

That was Leah. She had Dirty-Blonde hair with brown eyes. She wore a cat hoodie with cute little ears at the top. The hoodie wasn't zipped up so I could see her shirt. On her shirt it said "I'ma Cutie". It was a cute shirt. She wore Grey ripped skinny jeans and Dark Blue shoes.  She wasn't very tall and she was skinny.

"This little angel is Leah", he said to me and he stroked Leah's hair. She was indeed adorable.