•Chapter 8•

Zhongli stared at his steaming tea while listening to his Yaksha.

"You're free to leave Liyue anytime, Xiao," Zhongli said, not using any of his titles.

Xiao considered travelling with Lumine, the ups and downs, the pros and cons.

"It seems like it would benefit you much. Lumine is a kind mortal."

Xiao parted his ways with Morax and decided to find Lumine.

~~~ (a heads up, Osial doesn't exist, or does he?)

Thanks to Zhongli finishing the Rite of Descension. All these two had on their hands was to get to Inazuma.

"How are we going to get there? Inazuma has the Sakoku and Vision Hunt Decree going on," Paimon asked.

"Vision Hunt Decree?" Lumine hadn't heard of it.

"Oh, Paimon forgot to tell you! The Electro Archon, Raiden Shogun, (I simp) has been taking away visions from her people. She does this because she believes that visions are obstacles against eternity."

Obstacles against eternity? Lumine thought. Taking away someone's vision is stripping them from their ambitions!

"That's just going to make things even harder," Lumine sighed.

"Yeah well, that doesn't apply to you, does it? You practically don't have a vision!"

But I could still be wanted.

Lumine strolled around Liyue Harbor, forgetting where Katheryne was. Then she saw the robot.

"Katheryne!" Lumine exclaimed, rushing to her.

"Oh hello there, Traveler," Katheryne responded nonchalantly, "Is there something you need?"

"We need a way to get to Inazuma!" Paimon said.

"A way to get to Inazuma? Please wait, let me see if I can find anything," there was a short pause, " 'The Crux' is a ship led by Beidou and docked by the east side of Guyun Stone Forest. It seems they can get you to Inazuma."

"Really?" Paimon asked. "Thanks Katheryne! Let's go Lumine."

The two looked around Guyun Stone Forest, finally finding a ship.

They got on board and found Beidou.

"Woah! Who are you?" the captain asked.

(Kazuha does not exist here, he died along with his friend and yes I did this because I don't like him)

"I'm Lumine."

"And Paimon's, well, Paimon!"

"Aren't you the two who saved Monstadt from Dvalin? It's a pleasure meeting you. What brings you to my ship?" she inquired.

"We want to go to Inazuma."

Beidou smiled, "Sure."

"What?" Paimon asked. "We don't need to do anything?"

"Well, you need to do one thing."

"What's that?" Lumine asked.

"Compete in the Crux Clash."

"The Crux what now?" Paimon asked.

"Well, the Crux Clash is a fighting competition and the prize is a master-less vision. But for you, I'll just take you to Inazuma."

Well this will be easy, Lumine thought. Most of these guys lose in like 3-6 hits with my sword.

"Alright then!" Lumine agreed.

"Cool! Just go sign up and come back here in two days, okay?"

They nodded and left to meet the receptionist.

~~~

Xiao was still searching for Lumine. He didn't find the human near Jueyun Karst, so he decided to look in Liyue.

After a couple of minutes, he spotted a familiar fairy and figure.

Paimon turned around, "Oh hey, isn't that Xiao? Xiao! Over here!"

Xiao walked over the the group, eyes still locked on Lumine.

"Wait...does that mean Paimon has to leave again?" Paimon pouted. "Paimon's going to Wangshu Inn for some food."

Paimon disappeared, leaving the two alone.

"Ah, Xiao. I.. didn't expect to see you here."

Xiao didn't reply. Instead, he just hugged her, taking Lumine by suprise.

"Xiao? Are you ok?" (*takes photo*)

"You're leaving for Inazuma soon, aren't you?" he asked, getting off her.

"Well, yes," Lumine felt bad for him suddenly.

"I..have something to tell you."

Lumine slightly titled her head, her golden eyes staring deeply into his. "Which is?"

"I.." Xiao felt like backing out. He didn't know how to do this. He didn't know how to tell this mortal that he loved them. He didn't know anything about what he was doing. Why couldn't he just flash away? Why had he decided to tell them knowing they were leaving soon? Why was he so attached to this human? Was it her golden-hued eyes, charming smile, friendly personality? Or was it they way her hair swayed in the wind, how she fought, how strong her will to find the archons was? What was it? (So many questions..)

He felt courage surge through him. He could do this. He wasn't just backing out now. Xiao sighed, "Lumine, you're an independent individual. You've saved Monstadt from Dvalin and you've helped with the Rite of Descension here. Who knows what impact you'll make on Inazuma? I have grown attached to you. I don't know why I'm telling you this now, in the middle of Liyue Harbor, but I love you Lumine. I love your personality, your smile and how beautiful you are."

"Xiao...." Hearing those words come out of his mouth, Lumine suddenly felt like crying. "I.. feel the same way."

Xiao started to smile, then he blushed, remembering what he had just said. He felt shy and weak now, what if she had rejected him? No, there was no negativity here.

Lumine hugged the Adeptus and kissed him on the cheek, "I love you Xiao.."

"I love you too..Lumine," he breathed out.

~~~

"What do you think those two are doing?" Paimon asked Verr Goldet, finishing her third bowl of Almond Tofu.

"Xiao probably just confessed and those two made out in the middle of the Harbor. And they're coming back here to Wangshu Inn to stargaze on the balcony together!" Verr Goldet guessed.

"You have a large imagination. But I guess they will be coming here."

Shoes clicked on the wooden floor. Paimon and Goldet were expecting it to be the newly found couple. But instead it was just Zhongli.

"Ah. Paimon? Where is Lumine?" Zhongli asked the fairy.

"I don't know. I left her with Xiao. I don't want to be in the middle of their confessions."

Zhongli smiled, remembering what he had told the Yaksha. "If Xiao comes back, tell him I'll be waiting on the balcony for him."

"Of course Zhongli," Verr Goldet replied.

.

.

.

.

"When do you think they'll have sex?"

Paimon spat out her fourth bowl of Almond Tofu.