Chapter Seventy-Two.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I don't care about the magic—"

"You will when the war comes," Lily said firmly. "I'll handle everything, don't you worry, all right?.. As for your memories... You said you closed your mind before He could erase them?" (Y/n) nodded. "Then they'll come back soon enough." Lily gave a long pause. "I believe you're starting to wake up," she said. "I mean, you must be beginning to forget because I wasn't able to entire your mind before but I can now... Stay here, okay—" Lily cut herself off and (Y/n) deadpanned at her. "...I'll be back soon enough if you don't wake up before then..."

"Did it work?" Penny asked when Lily opened her eyes. Lily nodded.

"Her memory's been erased," Lily informed. Penny and Tonks gasped in horror. Lily paused, letting them sit in stunned silence. "Tonks, do you think you could get Regulus to come in?"

"Yeah, I'll try," Tonks murmured.

"Penny, you'll speak to Olivia and Remus?"

"Sure thing."

(Y/n) stared around at all the unfamiliar faces in the room. She wondered if they were all her nurses. She downcast her eyes, silently eating the chocolate pudding, continuously looking to the door.

"So, (Y/n)," the redhead woman said, making (Y/n) jump. "You've lost your memory," said the woman bluntly.

"Lily!" hissed one of the men in the room. "Could you have put it more lightly?"

"You can also do magic," blurted a green-haired person.

"Tonks!" a blonde woman cried. (Y/n) stared silently at them, already knowing full well she was a witch.

"Penny!" the green-haired person said in the same tone.

"We'll get to that later," Lily said dismissively. "For now... (Y/n), this is your godfather, Regulus Black." (Y/n)'s eyes settled on a man with curly black hair who had nodded his head quite awkwardly. "And these two, Remus Lupin and Olivia Green," Lily motioned to an olive-skinned woman with long curly brown hair and a man with light brown hair with flecks of grey, "wish to adopt you..." (Y/n) eyed them all suspiciously.
"I promise you that you were really close before your memory loss," Lily said quickly, motioning for Olivia to hold up the photo album she held. "You'll find them in old pictures and everything." This only subsided (Y/n)'s suspicions partially. "As Tonks has mentioned, you are a witch... And, in fact, you go to a school that helps you learn magic. Exciting, isn't it?" Lily smiled forcefully. "Would you like for us to tell you about it?"

"Um... All right," (Y/n) said quietly. Smiling, Olivia brought forth the photo album and set it on (Y/n)'s blanket-covered lap. Quite hesitantly, (Y/n) opened the album.

"This was your first year," Olivia informed. "The blue uniform means you're a Ravenclaw."

"A what?"

"It means you're smart," said the green-haired person who (Y/n) assumed to be named Tonks.

"You had a Hat Stall," the blonde assumed to be Penny added. 

"You guys are confusing her," Remus huffed.

"Hat Stall?" (Y/n) asked the blonde.

"The Sorting Hat had difficulty putting you into a House," Penny explained. This did not at all help with (Y/n)'s confusion. "Uh... so the Sorting Hat basically looks into your mind and decides which House will help you the most in the next seven years."

"So it is an annual thing?"

"No..." Tonks murmured. "It should be, though..."

"You were top of your year," Olivia said. "And still are, I believe."