014

I sat in my room, grounded again.

I was grounded after accidentally talking back to Pepa yesterday, after what she told me. Actually, I didn't even talk back! I told her the truth.

Tap, tap.

I glance at my window, and a bird sat there.

Clearly, it's Carlos.

I flip the bird off, but I keep my thumb out. I lay onto my floor, looking at my crystal ceiling. They were blue & red, following my emotions.

The red slowly started to disappear, blue taking over.

Tap, tap, tap.

I look at the window. Carlos was still tapping on the window in bird form.

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

Even after squinting my eyes shut and covering my ears with the palms of my hand, I somehow still heard Carlos tapping on my window.

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

A groan escaped my lips and I opened the window, him flying into my bedroom. He turned into his human self.

"What?" I sneered.

He's apart of the reason why I'm grounded, and this time it's for a month. A WHOLE month!

When he doesn't respond, I grab his wrist. "Get out if you have nothing to say." I started to drag him out of the room, and he didn't protest.

And I'm glad he didn't.

I pushed him out of the room and slammed the door shut. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I yelled, watching as I carelessly shot sharp crystals around the room. "Dolores I swear, if you tell on me.."

"Carlos? Carlos!" I hear a familiar voice yell outside. I glance at the door. Camilo? Why is he on my balcony looking for Carlos? How did he know Carlos was on my balcony?

Questions flood through my brain, and I don't even realize Camilo was staring right at me. "Open this door right now,   l/n!" he yelled, banging on the glass with his fist.

"Carlos is somewhere in casita, I kicked him out." I respond, rolling my eyes.

He shakes his head quickly. "I know, but he got Casita to push me up here! Let me in!"

"Hmm—"

Camilo banged his fist on the glass, "Carlos is mad at me, he probably wants to talk to you!"

Oh?

.

.

I ended up letting Camilo in, but then Camilo forced me to go see Carlos.

Why, though? I'm mad because he's apart of the reason I'm grounded for such a long time, so why should I?

'Oh, because you should be the bigger person!'

No, I'd rather be the smaller and petty person. That's more fun and entertaining rather Han being a goody-two-shoes.

I bang on Carlos' door. "Let me in, otherwise I'm going to.. do something." I didn't really have anything in mind to threaten him with, so I just went with that.

"Fuck off." I heard him reply, but his voice was very dry. Like he had been sobbing

I don't know if I can be petty anymore. I'll try, though.

I knocked a few more times, "Carlito, let me in!"

"Shut up and go" I hear him snap, but I constantly bang on the wooden surface. "y/n, stop banging on the stupid door!"

I look down at the tiles beneath me. "Hey, Casita, let me in and I'll never stomp on you for a week," I bribed, and just like that, the door swung open.

Damn, am I that heavy?

When I saw the state Carlos was in, I felt sick to my stomach. "Carlos? What, uh, happened?" I'm not very good at comforting people, so I'll try.

I sat down the bed next to him.

"I didn't mean to get you in trouble y/n, im really sorry. I mean it."

"It's fine, Carlos, really."

He took a deep breath in, "forgive me for this, y/n."

Huh? What?

Carlos then gripped my chin and bring his face closer to mine, but he paused, almost as if he was waiting for my consent. And so I nodded without even thinking.

He smashes his lips against mine. It was full of passion and love, I never wanted to move away.

5 seconds later he pulls away, and I wanted to kiss him again, but I held back.

The door finally swung open. "Oh my days! Finally, you guys took so long!" I turn around and see Camilo wiping non-existent sweat that wasn't on his forehead.

"For real! It was so painfully obvious, I was going to shove your heads together myself." Mirabel shoved Camilo to the side, who glared at her sudden action.

"The fuck?" I cursed, and look back at Carlos. "This was like.. fake? I'm not actually grounded?"

"Oh, no, you are grounded." Camilo responded. I groaned.

"Well that sucks."

AUTHOR' S NOTE!
there will be one more chapter and that will be the end of the book guys!! :(