the failure's journey

Sanji makes a grocery list when he gets back home and also writes in his journal.
He writes his dreams and important aspects of his day on it, memories he wants to remember and little doodles.

He draws the straw hat in one corner of the page and smiles to himself.

Closing the journal, he drifts into sleep he is taken back to that place, the place he can go to when asleep, Dreamland or more accurately wonderland.

He doesn't dream of the wonderland too often, maybe even if he does he doesn't remember at times.

People who live in his heart or mind even though not in his life anymore appear here. Most significantly his mother, siblings and his father.

But that's the end of the journey, before that he gets to meet everyone else.

His favourite section being, the tea party.

Somehow the mad Hatter has been manifested as Luffy, and he's way different than actual Luffy.

Or maybe this is the Luffy, Sanji wishes he was.

That admission is pretty embarrassing to say the least. But this is his wonderland, so whatever he wants goes. Or that his subconscious wants.

Sanji pulls at the hood of his blue hoodie to cover his ears and rubs at his hands, the temperature seems to be low today; a cup of tea would be the perfect remedy.

He finds the path to the party fairly easily, and wonderland has different sections.

They don't always manifest though it does usually end the same way.

The Hatter chats away with the deer, enjoying his teas and snacks.

"Sanji! "

The Hatter calls, wearing the same smile that Luffy always does.

Sanji takes a seat between them, the huge table assorted with all sorts of confectioneries.

The Hatter seems to be shuffling a bunch of cards he presents to Sanji so he can pick one out and he does.

An ace of spades.

" You can keep it!  Looks good on you! "

The Hatter says and pockets the rest of the cards.

Sanji stares at all the food, they're all tempting to taste and touch but Sanji is always hesitant to try food in wonderland.

Fuck it, a cup of tea won't hurt.

Sanji takes a sip, the hot tea warms his insides and he sighs. The chill ebbing away from his body.

" Sanji! Oh dear, " The Hatter remarks.

Sanji notices Hatter's way larger than he was.

No, it is Sanji who's gotten smaller.

The Hatter picks up Sanji like a cat and places him on his lap.

Sanji reaches for food to eat, eating something should make him grow.

"Uh uh, why so impatient? " The Hatter says, holding Sanji's hands in his own hand.

His hands are still freezing.

The Hatter blows and kisses them; Sanji stares at him in awe. His cheeks are dusted in pink. 

He's so close.

"Feel better? "

"Yes, "

"Great! I think some honey should warm you up, "