Chapter 2

A few days later Flower worked up the courage to visit Ruby and confess. She waited until they could be alone to ask, and she found the perfect moment in Iance's cabin when it was empty. She invited Ruby to join her inside and began talking.

"So Ruby there's something I've been meaning to tell you.."
"What's up Flower?"

Flower began trying to build up the courage while getting redder from embarrassment. Ruby looked up at her and waited patiently.

"Well-I..uhm"
Flower took a deep breath.
"Ruby I like you!"

Ruby began chuckling, a small smile on her face. Flower started to frown, worried that Ruby was laughing at her. The gem began to speak.

"Flower I knew all along! Why do you think I kissed you??"
"Maybe it was supposed to be a friend thing??"
"No of course not silly! I like you too!"

Flower sighed a breath of relief and started to smile. She began giggling with ruby as they fell down onto the floor and began laughing. Ruby planted kisses on Flower's neck as she kept gigging softly.

After they calmed down they decided to head to bed. Hand in hand they laid down in one of the cabin's beds and held each other tightly.

"I love you Flower!"
"I love you too Ruby."

Then in each other's arms they drifted off to sleep.