#𝟲 we're not really strangers

Start from the beginning

Ryker looked at his door and finally, after a long time inside of her head, knocked on the door and waited to see if he was gonna open it or not.

And to her dismay, he opened it, with a small smile forming on his face as he looked at the girl who had a concerned look on her face. He had noticed she looked worried. She was still in her characters outfit between breaks. She always did that incase she would've ruined filming by taking too long to change back into wardrobe. He knew that about her since day one that she didn't like to change out of wardrobe until the end of the day.

Something he always admired about her was her dedication to her work. In all aspects. Her writing, her acting, her singing. She put so much dedication into all of it and he admired her for it. He could never discredit her for any of it.

"What are you doing here?" Finn was the first to break the silence, leaning against the doorway to see her nervously scratching her neck.

"Nice to see you, too."
"I saw you twenty minutes ago."

"Well, sorry for not waiting an hour."
"You could've waited a life time."

"I wanted to talk to you." She stated plainly, looking at the ground with a scoff. "I just wanted to know if you were okay."

"Why wouldn't I be?" He looked at her sideways, confused, wondering why she would be assuming he wasn't okay. Not that it was such a wild assumption, but he was confused as of why it was coming from Ryker and not somebody else, literally anybody else.

"Look. I know we haven't been on the best of terms for...years," She rolled her eyes, managing to get herself to look him in the eye. "but somewhere, deep in my heart, I still care about you."

He nodded, letting her continue as he watched her fiddle with the rings on her fingers, glancing at the small tattoo on her finger, then looking at his own.

He remembered the day they got those together like it was yesterday, how he had to hold her hand cause she was scared how bad it would hurt, anticipating the worst. How she had spent about 30 minutes ranting about how stupid it was that she had to get a permanent tattoo because she lost a bet. How he fell in love with her laugh even more that day. The glint in her eye when she spoke passionately about all the tattoos she wants and how she has a dream board of exactly how she wants her arms to look. How she said she wanted more matching ones with him, even if it was a stupid idea. Never something so meaningful that if one of them had broken the other's heart that it would pain them to look at, just something cute and tiny, maybe hidden.

"So, if you let me care about you... Can I come in and we talk?" Ryker pleaded with the slightly taller boy who smiled at her, nodding and letting her inside his trailer. "I just wanna know you're okay."

"I'm okay." He shrugged. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Finn..." She sighed, noticing the clutter and began quickly cleaning up as soon as she realized how messy he was. One of his many faults. One of her own faults for not being able to stand anything messy and being a stress cleaner. "I know it's none of my business, alright? But are you sure you're happy with Haley?"

"Joe told you, huh?" He chuckled, a small smile still on his lips even though he should be mad. "And I'm guessing he's the one who sent you here?"

"Something like that." She said, sliding his old vinyl back onto a shelf, finding a little memory she had tucked away in her skull. A small matching bracelet. A ghost and a wolf that connected when put together. She wanted the necklace, but he wanted the bracelet so that when they held hands they would stay connected. Cliché, but adorable. "Apparently, I'm the only one you'll listen to. The only one who can get you to open up about your emotions."