"Babi, please." Amir said all smiles.
"Better be making your will in the meantime." She angrily said then walked away. She sat on the seat in-front of Marieh.
"Did you two fight?" Babi asked.
"Can we not talk about this now, please?" Marieh said her voice shaking, making it very obvious that she could break down into tears.
 "Okay." Babi respected.
Nathan entered class as well, Amir's seat change was what he noticed first. He quickly walked over sitting next to Babi,
"Amir changed seats?" He asked immediately.
"Don't talk about that bustard." Babi said.
"Did they fight? But they never fight." Nathan said.
"Why are you late?" Babi turned to him, changing the topic.
"Ahhhh, woke up late." Nathan said.
"Don't change the topic B, i'm asking." Nathan added.

"Honestly I don't know, but keep it down Marieh is not fine." Babi said, her voice low.
Nathan turned looking at Marieh over the shoulder then looking back.
The professor then entered, attracting everyone's attention.
"Good morning." He greeted the class.
"Good morning." A few replied back.
"Before we start, let's first welcome our new student in the class." He said.
The whole class turned looking at the door anxiously waiting for the person to come in. The door was opened seconds later. Darnel Josiah Grayson came in organising his tie.
"Great." Amir loudly commented,
Babi was too stunned to react but look at him endlessly yet with a frown on her face. Nathan turned looking at Babi for while then back to Darnel, he was still looking down struggling to knot the tie.

"To hell." Darnel said pulling it out then looking at the class.
"Please introduce yourself." The professor said.
"Darnel Grayson is my name." He said.  "Where would you feel comfortable sitting?" The professor asked.
Darnel moved his eyes around the class, he looked at Babi with a smirk .
 "Marieh," He said.
"with Marieh, professor." Darnel said.
With no more say, he walked sitting next to her. Marieh looked at him, speechless as well.
"Are you fine?" He quietly asked Marieh.
She nodded her head gesturing yes. The lesson then started, Amir's eyes focused on Darnel and Marieh for while, once in a while Darnel looked at Marieh who was doing nothing, not paying attention, not writing, just sad.
"Okay enough." Darnel loudly said, he stood up grabbing Marieh's hand.
"Darnel!!!" She called in surprise.
 "You can't walk? I can carry you." Darnel asked.

The whole class looked at them, most girls covering their mouths at how sweet his statement was. Marieh stood up following him out of the class. The class was left mummering yet others silent and not so happy. Amir tightly and hardly squeezed his pen in his hand.
"I don't like the unnecessary attention." Marieh said trying to pull her hand out of his grip but failed.
On reaching the swimmers locker room, he opened the door and they got in.
"Stop trying to act like it." Marieh shouted at him.
 "Like what?" Darnel asked, his voice calm.
"Joining school, choosing the same classes as me, deciding to sit in Amir's seat, causing a scene in class.." Marieh said in frustration.

"Let me first make myself clear, I didn't decide to come to school, choose these classes or sit there because of you." Darnel said  bluntly.
"No?" She asked.
"No, and getting you out of class is because you don't look fine, you wanted to cry and I couldn't stand it." he said.
Marieh breathed out heavily sitting on the bench.
"Do you like it?" Marieh asked.
"What?" Darnel asked.
"Our engagement." She asked. Darnel looked at her silently.
"No." he honestly replied.
"But do we have a choice?" He added.
 "No." Marieh replied.
"It's hard, it's heavy, it's suffocating." She sobbed covering her face with her hands.

"I know, but make it easy, find where you can breathe from, find a hole in this loop." Darnel said softly.
He honestly totally understands every single one of her emotions, the two have to live their lives as legacies and on responsibilities, every action they do has a consequence to affect those around them or themselves.
 "That's what I have done, live it with it's privileges, fuck whom you want, love whom you want, party, drink till you drop before everything catches up with you." Darnel said. He moved closer hugging her a bit. Marieh then broke into tears.
"What about our marriage?" She asked in between tears.
"Why are you thinking about it now, it's way far in the future, live now, we shall cross that bridge when we reach it." Darnel said.
"Don't let me stop you because i'm not stopping you." he added.